Monday, August 4, 2014

Cleopatra's Choice - 100% Pure African Shea Butter


Hello all my beautiful (and handsome) readers! Today, I want to talk to you about a new brand I discovered called Cleopatra's Choice. The product I received is 100% Pure African Shea Butter, which has been such a pleasant surprise.

About The Company

     From what I have read, the company has been around since 2005. They search to find the rarest, unique, and the highest quality of products to bring to their company. The business started by introducing Dead Sea products to the US, and expanded from there. Why are they called Cleopatra? Here is their answer: "Cleopatra was a Queen of ancient Egypt and is legendary as the most beautiful woman in the world at that time. She was famous for her youthful skin and looks which stayed radiant and healthy even as her age progressed. Cleopatra thought so highly of skin care products from the sea, that she went to great expense to have cosmetic factories built on the shores of the sea. Their remains can still be seen today at Ein Bokek and Ein Gedi. Since we started Cleopatra's Choice by selling primarily Dead Sea products and Dead Sea salt, and we believe that Cleopatra was no fool when it came to beauty, youthful looks and healthy skin, we decided to name our website Cleopatra's Choice. Our belief is that you too deserve to treat your skin like royalty."

     Adovia, which is a company I have worked with before has presented me this product (by partnering up with them) to try out. If you wish to read more about Adovia, you can read what I had to say about them here. So far? I am intrigued. 



About The Product/My Thoughts

    What I think is pretty awesome about this product is the fact that it is a fair trade product, produced by women subsistence farmers in Ghana, Africa. I love how each product gives back to the community by providing jobs to people who could really use them. Now at first I was really turned off by the fact that it was a solid product, and yes I wish the packaging was a little different. However,  that is also the beauty of this product. What I mean by that is it's a 100% pure, unrefined, organic Shea butter. Meaning that it has no additives, so you know exactly what is going on your skin. After reading an article about how 60% of a product, you put on your body is absorbed into the skin, I must admit I now think before I choose what I put onto my body! It has a great amount of Vitamin A&E, and helps treat dark spots. It is also great for keeping the skin moisturized.


Can you tell the difference? The left hand is without the Shea butter, while the right hand is with the Shea butter. The way my skin felt after I put the product on felt luxurious, nor did it clog my pores. I also find it amazing how much product you receive in each container; 1 pound! I have no idea how long it will last, but each time you don't have to use very much. I imagine if sealed correctly, it could last for a year and that's if you use it every day! I have used lotion all of my life, but after trying this now I think I will be switching up because of the wonderful benefits I have seen so far. If you wish to purchase this product as I did, you can purchase it on Amazon for $16 here. Now, this may seem like a lot for just some Shea Butter, but the quality is amazing and the amount is insane (ha ha). 

 Overall Product Score: 3.9*

Have you ever used any solid forms of Shea Butter? What do you think about the product? I would love to hear your experiences with them as well as how you feel about the product. Feel free to leave your questions/comments below! 



Free product disclosure


*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. I can see the difference a lot. I have tried shea butter before. Man you can tell a lot how much it looks wish I mean better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. Yes, I was impressed. I never payed much attention to Shea butter until now.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete