Sunday, September 22, 2013

Rainbow Shadow Labs Review



 Hello Everyone! How is everyone on this fabulous Sunday? I have an exciting what I would call "underground" company to tell you about called Rainbow Shadow Labs. What I mean by that is it is not a company like Sephora (just using that as an example, I love them!) or a big name company purely based off of sells and consumed by false advertisement or back by hyped media. This is a company that has been around since 1983 which is not well known, but a company I have done a lot of research on. I see it as a company that if put in the right business owner hands could be a Fortune 500 company with not only a great background, but with wonderful products that truly work and have potential for great future ahead. After trying their products I am surprised no one has jumped on this bandwagon, so to speak.

To truly understand what they are about here is what is says on their About Me section, and the best way I know how to explain it.

This is taken straight from their website (http://www.rainshadowlabs.com/About_ep_65-1.html):


                                                             Who We Are



Located along the Columbia River in St. Helens, Oregon, RainShadow Labs is the Premier Customer Formulation House for Personal Care Private Label Manufacturing. We are in service to our customers, our community, and our planet.  By supporting the following operational procedures and protocols RSL manufactures the highest quality products combined with unsurpassed customer service and product stability and efficacy:
  • No Animal Testing
  • FDA Registered
  • GMP compliant
  • In-House Quality Control Systems
  • In-House Shelf Life Testing
  • Kosher Certified Materials
  • Continued Industry Education
  • Vegan Formulas
  • Natural Products Association Alliance
  • Sustainable Raw Materials
  • Sustainable Practices
  • Recycled packaging, shipping, and marketing materials
  • Biodegradable Products
  • Women Owned and Operated
  • Powered with 100% Renewable Wind Energy
RainShadow Labs is a full service facility offering timely Product Development and Product Design; private label and cosmetic manufacturer and technical support including packaging and label procurement; warehousing for excess product packaging; contract filling, multi-product packaging; and shipping and logistics support.

~ Not only are they a private label manufacturing company, but can you believe how great they are for not only your skin, but the environment??? I didn't so I had to check it out for myself, and I am truly impressed as you can tell. Let me now share with you just a small portion of some of their products, and then judge for yourself! :)

The Products


Bruise & Scar Cream

"Contains Vitamin E and Organic Arnica Montana. Vitamin E has long been used in burn centers and in alternative treatments to facilitate proper healing of scars. Arnica Montana is endorsed by sports coaches and doctors alike for its help in clearing and preventing bruising."

Directions for Use: "Super thick body crème.  Apply quarter-size amount to bruised/scarred area and massage in completely.  Do not wash off.  Can be used as an all-over body moisturizer."

Results: Out of all the products, I was most impressed and excited about this one. After having surgery for my Crohn's, I was even more self-conscious about my surgical scar. After just a week of use I noticed a difference, you can't really see it in the pic's I took but I can't wait to post pictures after a month of use, then I will be able to flaunt off that bikini like I have always wanted! Not only that this product can be not only used for scarring, but all over the body in general. I also think that it is especially good for when your pregnant for a moisturizer. This crème has no scent at all, so if you are looking for a great moisturizing products, and have a lot of allergies like I do, this is great.

 Overall product Score: 4.9*


Seaweed Elixir Masque


..."This mask is soothing, rich, and deeply healing to any and all skin types. It is gentle and safe enough for daily use. Sea Vegetables and Ocean Water Therapy have been used for millennia to heal and restore health and vitality to our species. To Your Face!"


Directions for Use: "This mask is gentle enough that it can be used several times a week. Apply a generous amount to face, neck and decollate, or can be used as a whole body mask.  Allow to dry. It is a creamy based mask so it will not completely harden like some clay masks but it will start to get stiff and flaky.  Use a damp steamed towel to wipe off or wash off with warm water. "
Results: This is my second favorite product. I am gonna admit, I was a little skeptical about putting a Seaweed mask on my face, something about it kind of freaked me out. But once I put it on my face, I am glad I did. Out of all the things it does, one thing I really noticed is that it made my face almost silky soft! It has a very subtle fresh crème smell, and doesn't smell like seaweed at all, which surprised me. It goes on thick, and once done drying it is almost skin tone color that's how you know its been on long enough. I find this a great product to use as that weekly face mask.


Overall product Score: 4.2*


 Hydration Bomb Mask
If you haven't figured it out yet I am listing them in the order of my fav's. This is my third favorite product out of the 5 they sent me.
"Our proprietary formulation of aloe vera juice delivers impressive aquatics in a bioavailable solution directly into your skin cells. Botanical solvents drive moisture repair ingredients directly into the heart of your skin cells. The end result is that you wash away your tired, sallow and shriveled complexion with a chirrally correct brilliant wave of RSL Hydration Bomb...Gentle enough for daily use. Perfect as part of a hydrating facila protocol."
Directions for Use: Apply, leave on for a few minutes (up to 30), moisten, and gently rinse to remove. Safe and gentle enough for daily use. 
Results: I literally think I have the driest skin humanly possible, I have been on the hunt to moisturize my face. I think I have finally found the product, and I am praying it continues to work! This mask does exactly what it says it does, it hydrates! It has a nice lemon smell, and has the most scent out of all the products. It goes on clear as well as dries clear, so the only negative I have to say about it is ,because of that it can be hard to tell if you have taken all of the mask off or got it on all the places you want it. Unlike the Seaweed mask, this mask gives you that mask feeling. It has a nice menthol cooling feel to it. So, if you like using mask's that "do something" that you feel so to speak and know they are working, I would go with this one over the Seaweed mask. They are both great though.
Overall product Score: 4.0*

Eye Bright Gel
"It is no exaggeration to say that this formula addresses every single eye area concern possible. Dark circles, wrinkles, sagging, puffing, loss of plump and firm, loss of tone and resilience....its all taken care of in this delicate and light gel."
 "Do not be deceived by the elegant and refined nature of the look and feel of this formula. This product is NOT to be underestimated. From Plant Stem Cells to Multiple Complex Peptide blends....from botanically derived Hyaluronic Acid Spheres to fiber and cellular rebuilding Amino Acids.....collagen boosting and skin firming and wrinkle repairing ingredients are fully loaded into this genius formula. Use it daily. Use it ten times a day. You will be addicted."
Directions for Use: "Dab around eyes, forehead and cheek area. Can be used as an all over face treatment.  Safe to use morning and night. Can be used under makeup."
**By the way if you are wondering why I am putting all this information about it up, and directions it is because when you order the sample sizes they are not on the back of the packages**
Results: Now, I wouldn't recommend putting it on ten times a day, ha-ha. I do however put it on twice a day, and I must say I do notice a difference when I wake up in the morning. I look more rested even when I've only had the time to have 4 hours of sleep. The only negative thing I have to say about it is I don't too particularly care for the formula. And what I mean by that is it feels and goes on like grape jelly. It does work great though, so I can get over it because of that. The smell of the formula I can't quite figure out neither can my husband, I would say its almost a sea salt kind of smell. It's not a bad smell, and strangely enough I like the smell. I just have no idea what it is! ha-ha. This is a good product to use though, if you need that quick awake look without having to get Botox.

 Overall product Score: 4.0*



Turbo Wrinkle Smoothing Crème

"The name says it all. If there is one turn back the clock product that every person over 25 with skin should have, this is it. Filled with the most medically advanced and clinically proven ingredients available. Restore firmness, heal sun damage, increase hydration, erase wrinkles, smooth texture, nourish at the dermal layer, minimize irritation, increase skin brightness and even out skin tone..."

Directions for Use: "Apply all over face, neck and décolleté.  For sensitive skin use only at night; for normal to oily skin can be used morning and night.  Apply after washing, toning and  then a serum.  Can be used under makeup. Can be sold as an eye crème or all over face crème.  Great for all ages."

Results: Now out of the products I was sent this was my least favorite one. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good product because it is, its just that I am only 24 years old so lucky for me I really haven't been faced with face wrinkles'. To me this crème has the same smell as the last product we talked about, I just can't seem to figure it out but I like it. The only wrinkle's I am starting to get are right under my eyes, so this is where I focused the product at. Only after a week, I did significantly notice a tightness in my skin that wasn't there before. I will keep yall updated just like with the scar crème, I think this is going to be a product that will be a process. This is a great starter product to add to one's skin regime for someone in their 30's, and later on will be a product I will choose to use everyday to avoid having wrinkles.

 Overall product Score: 3.7*

I would like to personally thank Rainbow Shadow Labs for allowing me to try out their products. If you are interested in trying out their products, you can click on this link HERE. Usually, for a 1 oz sample jar which you can get many many uses out of is $3.95, if you decide you want to try something out but don't want to buy a full size just yet.

Have you ever heard of Rainbow Shadow Labs? Have you tried their products before, if so which ones did you try and did you like them. Feel free to leave and comments, questions, or concerns! I love hearing your feedback. :)


Free product disclosure


*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of pigmentation, product, texture, application, and longevity 

#BikiniReadyLifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment