Saturday, August 16, 2014

Oleavine Beauty - 100% Plant Based Konjac Sponge infused with Activated Charcoal


Hello Everyone! I hope all of you are having a terrific Saturday. I recently received this new product from Oleavine Beauty, the 100% Plant Based Konjac Sponge infused with Activated Charcoal. I thought to myself, I have never tried a beauty sponge! I am a beauty blogger with years of experience, who is about to go back to school to be an Esthetician, and I've never tried one of these things! I have no idea what to expect, but lets get to it...

About The Company

"When you imagine the Mediterranean, and of course the now famous Mediterranean Diet, images of sun soaked beaches, majestic rolling hills of grapevines and centuries old olive groves may come to mind.

While the allure of the Mediterranean is exciting to most people, what we found particularly exciting was exploring the ideas and science behind why some of the longest living people in the world live in the Mediterranean region.

Luckily, science is now uncovering why many of the common foods found in the Mediterranean Diet have played such an important role. Mounting research and long-term studies are pointing to specific compounds or “longevity molecules” found in this now famous diet which are responsible for their amazing and broad benefits.

Oleavine is dedicated to bringing you the very best in health and beauty products based on this same science so you too can unlock the longevity secrets of the Mediterranean Diet conveniently from any where in the world. We welcome you on this journey with us to living a healthy and vibrant long life."

I was a little confused when I first read the intro above, but I then realized their beauty sponge is only one of the products that Oleavine sells. Oleavine also sells many other wonderful products like skincare supplements. They also have an amazing new Cermide Serum that looks like it would be a great anti-aging product as well. If your interested in checking out any of their other products you can go here to check them out: Oleavine Official Website

The Product/My Review

When I first opened the package the first thing I saw was this:


It's basically a thank you card, thanking you for buying their product with a guarantee behind their products. I thought that this was a really nice touch that not many companies take the time to do.


Then inside was this nice beauty sponge. It felt hard until you put warm water on it, then its like it magically came to life! It says that you can put a non foaming cleanser on it, if you do not want to use it alone, but I decided to just use it alone and put it to the test. I was really surprised! Not only did it take off my makeup with ease, but it exfoliated my face and made it really soft. I took pictures but it was nothing that you could see on camera, but I could feel the difference. I like that its bamboo and charcoal infused, I think this is what makes it so wonderful. I know that right now charcoal face washes are all the rage right now, so infusing a sponge with it, I thought was pretty brilliant. 

After, I got done using the sponge I pressed the sponge in between both hands. It says to do this instead of wringing it out, and I have to say I agree that it helps to do this instead. The reason for this is so you don't damage the delicate fibers, and in my opinion it helps it last longer. 

Overall, I think its worth the $10.00 price tag, and then some. I feel like I will get a lot of use out of it and I can't wait to try it with my Biore charcoal face wash the next go around.


Overall Product Score: 4.3*

Now, I want to know what you think! Have you ever tried the Oleavine Beauty sponge or one like it? Let me know what you think below. Feel free to leave any questions/comments below. 
XOXO.



Free product disclosure

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

2 comments: