Monday, July 14, 2014

Ipsy - July 2014

Good Afternoon! I hope everyone is having a joyriffic (yes I created this...lol) Monday! Once again, it's that time of the month again and Ipsy is here. I think I received a pretty good bag this month and would love to share. This month's theme is Sensationally Sunkissed.

 If you don't know what Ipsy is its a beauty subscription bag designed just for you (by taking the beauty quiz) for $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up




This month's bag was a waterproof hot-pink shade. I didn't like this bag until I saw it in person, and now I love it.


BareMinerals 

"Meet the next generation in eyeshadow: creamy, long-wearing color meets exceptional skincare benefits and broad spectrum SPF protection. Chock-full of skin-loving ingredients, this breakthrough product delivers 5 benefits in one luxurious formula: 12-hour long-wearing color, super-charged primer, powerful brightening benefits, smoothes fine lines, and protects with SPF." There was barely nude and this one, which is the color divine wine. I'm not crazy about the color, and even though its a small sample; I love the formula. A little goes a long way. It goes on smoothly and lasts a really long time; gotta love the new advances in makeup! 
FULL SIZE: $18


Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass

"The gentle and lightweight formula feels like it's barely there, unlike heavy lipsticks and rouges. The soft tipped applicator makes it ridiculously easy to swipe onto lips and the apples of the cheeks, creating a natural yet unforgettably sexy glow." This is the first time I have ever gotten a cheek/lip stain from Ipsy, and I am glad I got chosen for this one. I thought the red would be too dark, but its lighter than it looks. The formula is actually really easy to blend. I haven't found a product yet from Elizabeth Mott that I wasn't impressed with. 
FULL SIZE: $22.99 (this is a full size!)



"Recently featured in Vogue as Editor’s Favorite Summer Sun Product,this anti-aging moisturizer has SPF 30 built-in, so you’ll get extra protection from incidental sun exposure. You’ll love the lightweight, yet nourishing, texture. Plus, it doesn’t leave skin with a white tint, so you can use with or without makeup. This moisturizer dries down to a healthy glow, and is perfect for sensitive skin." I've tried the Pur~lisse hydra-balance before and this is a lot like it accept this you wear during the day, and it has SPF. It can be a little pricey if you're on a budget like me, but it's an amazing product and works to keep the skin moisturized. 
FULL SIZE: $55



"The Models Own SPLASH collection dives straight into summer. Revitalize your entire polish collection; wear alone for a wash effect, or over your favorite color polish for a glistening top coat. Inspired by the sea and distant shores, this pretty collection will have you dreaming of summer haze and tropical sun." I've never heard of Models Own until now. I must admit I have over 100 polishes, but have nothing like this color. It's very unique and I can't wait to discover the different ways I can use it. 
FULL SIZE: $8.54 (this is a full size!!)


Marrakesh Hair Care Marrakesh Endz

"Our powerful blend of nutrient-rich Argan Oil, from Morocco, ultra fortifying Hemp Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, and Panthenol seals and repairs split ends, while preventing future damage. The ends will naturally look and feel thicker with long lasting frizz and static control that is safe for color treated hair!" I think every woman no matter what type of hair you have can agree this is a product that is useful. I used it for the first time tonight, and so far from what I can tell it works quite well. I also like the scent and texture is easy to blend. 
FULL SIZE: $5.99 (this is a full size product!!)


So, what did you think of this month's "Sensationally Sunkissed" Ipsy bag for July? Do you subscribe to Ipsy, and if not what's been keeping you from doing so? I would love to hear what you got in your bag this month, along with your questions and comments. Feel free to leave them below!

2 comments:

  1. My bag had slightly different products, but I'm still excited to try them all. Along with the Tints & Sass lip/cheek stain and 5-in-1 eyeshadow, I also received a 1 oz spray bottle of Hang Ten dark tanning oil, Lavilin Jojoba skin soother gel cream, and something I'm very excited to try, Benefit "They're REAL" mascara sampler (30g).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the "They're Real" mascara, I've tried that and love it. Glad you liked your bag and thanks for sharing with me! Hope that you will continue to read my blog and be on the look out for future giveaways as well. And if you ever have a product you don't like and want to trade since we get different bags just let me know and I will try and work with you! :) The best way to keep up with my blog is on facebook: www.facebook.com/allurebyamy ....Thanks!

      Delete