Friday, August 22, 2014

C.O. Bigelow Haul Review


Hello Everyone! I am you are having a wonderful day so far. I recently received some amazing products from a company I have always heard of throughout my life, but haven't been able to experience many of their products until now. So, I was elated when I opened the package they sent me to review. I can't wait to share them with you, so lets get to it!

 Who is C.O. Bigelow?

This company has an amazing history, and by far one of the coolest and most elaborate histories I have ever seen. If you love history you should really check out this cool chart they made which dates all the way back to 1838. Even many presidents throughout time frequently shopped at C.O. Bigelow as well. If you would like to view the complete history you can do that by clicking here

Here is a short version of the history of their company according to their site: 

"Our landmark apothecary has been providing prescriptions, healing remedies, unique and unusual beauty products and hard to find apothecary items since 1838.

C.O. Bigelow was initially founded by Dr. Galen Hunter. Originally called The Village Apothecary Shop, it was bought and renamed by Clarence Otis Bigelow in 1880. Mr. Bigelow worked alongside Dr. Hunter before taking over the shop.

Part of our unique legacy has been the passing of ownership from employer to employee. Since 1939, three generations of Ginsberg's have owned and operated the shop, passing from father to son to grandson.

For nearly two centuries C.O. Bigelow has been providing customers with customized service and specialty products that truly make a difference in their lives.

Today, as always, C.O. Bigelow transcends our expectations of a pharmacy - it is a place of discovery, conversation, learning, laughter and community. C.O. Bigelow lives on."

The Products/The Review



No. 1521 Grapefruit Body Cleanser - "This refreshing body cleanser provides a rich, creamy lather while gently cleansing the skin. Formulated with hydrating sodium PCA (a naturally occurring humectant that draws moisture to the skin) and soothing aloe vera to help skin maintain a perfect moisture balance." So the first thing I must tell you, is all their grapefruit products I have noticed smells just like orange suckers, but I love it! Not only is the scent intoxicating, but I love how the cleanser foams up. A lot of products you have to use a lot to get any kind of foam out of it, not this product. You only have to use a little bit and it covers the whole body. This was my favorite product in the haul.
Price: $12.00 



No. 1533 Grapefruit Body Lotion  - "This silky, moisturizing body lotion provides lightweight moisture while conditioning the skin. Formulated to soften and replenish skin with moisturizing olive and borage oils and soothing aloe vera for super healthy skin, day after day."  I shaved my legs tonight (shocking with my busy schedule I know...haha) and let me tell you, I used this shortly after I got out the shower on them. My legs are sooo silky smooth and radiant! My husband can't keep his hands off them. Not to mention that smell like orange lollypops, yummy! 
Price: $14.00



No. 1603 Derma Remedy Intense Skin Therapy Body Lotion - "Our therapeutic body lotion increases the moisture in skin instantly by 75% then works continuously to cure the signs of severely dry skin within 3 days. Formula 1603 provides more than 24 hours of protection, working to break the cycle of chronic dryness, reducing scaliness, rough texture, dry patches and restoring the overall health of your skin. Hypoallergenic, no artificial colors and not tested on animals." I think this is a perfect lotion for people with dry skin like myself. Unlike the grapefruit lotion this has no scent to it. It's a lotion I would recommend using at night before you go to bed, because it will make your skin sensitive to the sunlight. I think a wonderful thing to do is put it on your feet, then put socks on your feet, and I promise if you do that for 3 nights your feet will be silky smooth. 
Price: $18.00



No. 1012 Chapped Hands Remedy - "The ultimate Medicated Skin Protectant for All-Year Round Use. Glycerin 40.3% Our unique, non-greasy medicated formula promotes healing of rough, dry skin with high levels of super-hydrating glycerin, drawing moisture into the skin making it feel soft and supple. This protective cream not only moisturizes to help cracked, irritated skin but works to prevent future chapping, guarding hands against dry, cold and windy conditions." Out of all the hand creme's I have used since I have started blogging (its been a lot!), I would have to say this is by far one of the best. In fact, I think my husband likes it more than I do. I find this to be the perfect gift for anyone who works with their hands, or just anyone in general who needs it. It does a great job at moisturizing.
Price: $14.00

Overall Product Score: 4.5*


Now, I want to know what you think! Have you ever tried any products from C.O. Bigelow? Do you have a favorite product from their line? I love to hear your feedback! Feel free to leave any questions/comments below. 
Stay Beautiful. XOXO. 


Free product disclosure


*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my I am a huge fan when it comes to history. Wow ;) Your review explains everything about it. That is what I like to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete