Saturday, January 10, 2015

Petunia Skincare - Professional 12 Set Makeup Brushes


Hola! Hope all of you are having a wonderful day so far. Today, I would like to talk to you about a product from Petunia Skincare of which I have just fallen in love with. The Professional 12 Set Makeup Brush Kit has all the bells and whistles a brush kit could have. If you're not familiar with Petunia Skincare, they are among one of my favorite companies to blog about, and if you through my blog you will see quite a few post's from them as well. All of the items I have talked about from them were skincare products, so when I found out they had makeup brushes I was intrigued. 

Why Choose Petunia Skincare?

PetuniaSkincare.com – Petunia Skincare® Official‎

Petunia Skincare prides itself for having the best skin care ingredients in their products and backs that information up by real life testing and scientific research. All of their products are produced in small amounts so that each product is fresh and also packaged (an FDA certified facility I might add) under clean and tight conditions.

 My favorite part about this company; they are made right here in the US! The brand resides in Goleta, California and are a fairly new company which started this past November. They stand out by saying (and I agree) that they are not just "any other generic skincare brand," they actually take the time to create and experiment with products that are proven to prevent aging, protect healthy skin, and avert damage in the future from happening to the skin.

Learn more about them & purchase their products by going here: http://petuniaskincare.com/

The Product/My Thoughts



In this Professional 12 Set Makeup Brushes package you receive a information booklet, 6 brush guards, and 12 brushes with a convenient on-the-go pouch.  

I really like the case it feels like leather, and has an expensive feel to it. 

(click to enlarge)

I love the information booklet it includes, and wish all makeup brush kit's included this. Even though I am more experience in makeup then I use to be, my first set I never had something like this. It's important to know what the brushes are for, and what they are used for. The pamphlet also includes information with how to keep your brushes clean as well.


These are used to help keep your brushes looking great by maintaining their shape. They are also used and needed when you go to clean the brushes, as you will want to put these on for the drying process. 

(click to enlarge)

Complete Set of 12 Studio Quality Brushes
Powder brush
 Blush brush
 Foundation brush
 Eyeshadow brush
 Smudge brush
 Fan brush
 Concealer brush
 Eyebrow blush
 Eyeliner blush
 Sponge applicator
 Lip brush
 Spoolie brush

Each of the brushes when you first get them have what I call throw away plastic covers, while the bigger brushes have thicker plastic covers you can keep. Then the brushes that aren't covered you can use the 6 brush guards that are provided to cover them if you so choose.

Here are a few up close pictures of a few of my favorite brushes....


Used to separate eyelashes before or after mascara application, and to remove excess mascara. It can also be use to groom eyebrows.

I like that you are able to bend it if needed so you get the brush in the exact angle that you need it to be.



The long handle provides optimum control while the curved and tapered bristles provide precision.

I like how you can just throw this brush by itself in your bag if need be, since the end is detachable acting as a cover.


A fan brush dusts, wipes, and contours powders for a flawless look. Works best for illuminating or highlighting powders, such as bronzer or illuminator, meant to be worn on the cheekbone or around the eye. 

I always have found this to be one of the most interesting makeup brushes, yet one of the most useful.


"Our specially angled-design brush applies powdered blush beautifully, and effortlessly hugs the contours of the face for even and precise application."

This brush really does a great job at applying blush, and has that perfect angle to do so. It's also very soft!


Use the high quality brush to blend powder and mineral foundations seamlessly.

Also in the set of brushes is a foundation brush for your liquid and cream foundations. Most of the brushes are made from goat hair, which make all of them including this one perfect for the face. 




  Final Thoughts.... 

I think these brushes are really amazing. I received a set of brushes this past Christmas that were 3X as much as these brushes, and the quality isn't as good as these are. I've never had them shed, they are really soft, and drastically improve my makeup application. This could be because they are made from goat hair (as I've never used one's made of that), or the fact that they are just really well made. Either way Petunia Skincare hit it right on the mark with these.

 I really like the fact that this includes the covers for the bigger brushes, as well as the 6 brush guards for the other brushes. They are a lot easier to keep clean, and I don't have to wash them nearly as much as my other set. All you have to do is wash them with your favorite shampoo, and let them dry! 

Now, when you first open the package you will have a slight what I call "factory smell." After you wash the brushes, and let the case (which is what I think it's from) sit out for a few days (out of the box) this will go away. This was my only issue with them, and it was a minor one. 

I am so glad I own these brushes, and know that I will get a lot of great use out of them if not months but years to come.

If you wish to purchase these brushes they are currently on sale  on Amazon, for $47.77 and Prime eligible. You can check them out and/or purchase them by going here: Petunia Skincare Professional Brushes



What do you think about the Professional 12 Set Makeup Brushes? Have you tried Petunia Skincare before? Feel free to leave any questions or comments in regard to Petunia Skincare, I love hearing your feedback! And as always: Remember to stay beautiful by STAYING YOU!





Free product disclosure

5 comments:

  1. O my goodness! I am a huge makeup brushes girl. I like to know what and how these brushes are used for when I use it. Like having a angle brush for example : Some that just started using makeup brushes don't know what brush is used for what. I had that problem at first when I used makeup brushes for the first time. Finally found makeup brushes that shows it all. Never have I tried these or heard of them before. I can find muse getting these and sharing my thoughts on these. For sure I would brag about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. Yeah, I was clueless when I first started. I pretty much know my brushes now, but admit every now and then forget, so having a little cheat sheet should be included with all brushes...lol.

      Delete
  2. Wow, goat hair? Now, that's a new one for me. Super review and good price, too! Mag B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was surprised as well, because usually it would be a lot more expensive. I like the goat here though, because they take in makeup differently compared to synthetic hair and is easier to wash.

      Delete