Monday, June 2, 2014

Glossybox - May 2014 (Bergdorf Goodman Edition)

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is having a terrific Monday, and if not look up my dear it WILL get better. ;) Today, I want to talk to you about Glossybox, and yes I know its June 2nd. Once again Glossybox is late, but I won't it against them because it was an amazing box this month.

If you don't know what Glossybox is, it is a monthly subscription in which you pay $21 a month (sometimes cheaper so check for discount codes first!), and you get a selection of usually 5 beauty products (6 this month!) to your door each month. What I love about Glossybox is the value is always higher than the price of the box, and you truly get your money's worth. If you wish to subscribe you can do so by going to my link HERE to subscribe. 


This month's box was curated by "Bergdorf Goodman." From what I am told (we don't have on in SC) its a high end department store. And instead of the usual 5 products we received 6 this month.


Also included, a $25 gift card to ship at "Bergdorf Goodman" in store or online! So, already just the giftcard alone is worth more than the box. Here is what I ordered...
Napoleon Perdis Color Disc Eyeshadow in High Voltage Violet - "Give your eyes a boost with a Napoleon Perdis signature Color Disc from his pigment-rich, head-turning eye shadow collection. The stellar formila goes on smooth, is easy to blend, and lasts for the ultimate color surge." I would never pay $25 for one eyeshadow, but since it was basically free with the gift-card I had nothing to loose. I was really impressed by this eyeshadow, the color is AHmazing. I've never heard of Napoleon Perdis until now, but I hope to be able to try more products by the brand. 

Now onto what was in the box...



Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue - "Rose Anonyme, a breathtaking seductress caught in a stolen affair between light and dark, Turkish Rose Absolute sparkles and intrigues beneath notes of spicy ginger, enwrapped in sultry veil of velvet out, Indonesian patchouli, mystic papyrus, and Somalian incense." I'm not usually big on perfume's in subscription boxes, but this was a nice size. I also really enjoy the rose scent of this fragrance. 


Revive Intensite Volumizing Eye Serum - "This advanced formula helps visibly plump, rebuild volume and re-contour the delicate eye area. Significantly diminishes the look of dark circles and under-eye bags, making eyes look younger, brighter and illuminated." Times like this is when I am glad there are subscription boxes to try high end products. A full size of this is (yes your reading this right) $350! So, I figure this sample is worth, oh I don't know....around $100!? Needless to say I have just started using it, so I haven't noticed any difference yet but for that much it has got to work wonders, right? I will keep yall updated in the future about it. 


Alterna Caviar CC Cream - "A miracle leave-in product that  delivers ten benefits (moisture, shine, smoothness, softness, UV protection, manageability, strength, anti-breakage, heat protection and light hold) in one easy step, leaving hair perfectly polished." I have never heard of a CC cream for hair until now, but I think its pretty spunky. I hope to see more of it on the market by other companies, because I have really enjoyed the benefits from it. It's made my hair really soft as well as prevent any breakage. 


Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer - "Get (even more) gorgeous with this gentle, pre-makeup base. Scientifically formulated to allow your makeup to "automatically" glide over the skin, Auto Pilot helps to prime and soothe the complexion for that flawless finish and helps makeup last even longer."  S/N: Sorry for the horrible lighting on this picture it was hard to capture it with any camera. I loved the way this primer smelled, usually that wouldn't be one of my favorite things about a primer but I adore the light fresh scent. It has really helped from keeping makeup from clogging my pores, and so far I haven't found a product from this company I dislike. 


Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream - "Eye Contour Lifting Cream is an ultra-rich cream formulated to treat the eye area with its blend of sheer light diffusers, caffeine-based firming agents and a powerful collagen-boosting peptide system. It helps visibly diminish the appearance of fine lines, crow's feet, puffiness and dark circles around the eyes." I'm not really sure what Glossybox was thinking by sending me two different eye creams, considering their were 15 products I believe they could of chose from. Nonetheless, it will go to good use, and I am going to pass it on to my mother-in-law. I'm just not in the need for this product quite yet. I have heard good things about it, so I shall update you and let you know.


Iluminage Skin Prep Gentle Cleanser - "This gentle cleanser helps clean skin of all traces of makeup and impurities that just seem to find your face throughout the day. And because it is luxuriously creamy, it leaves skin feeling balanced, comfortable and thoroughly cleansed." I have been using this cleanser for the past couple of days, and really have liked the way its made my skin feel. I also like the fact that its not too harsh, yet still gets your skin clean. 

So how did you enjoy Glossybox this month, and what was your favorite product in the box? And if you don't subscribe, what is keeping you from doing so? I love hearing your comments and feedback so please feel free to leave them in the comment box below! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment