Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Petunia Skincare

Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far. I know I have had a really awesome yet interesting one, thanks to Petunia Skincare. It took me as a blogger and beauty student to step out of my comfort zone and into something I had never done before. But before I get into that, let me fill you in a little on who Petunia Skincare the brand truly is. 

Petunia Skincare

Petunia Skincare prides itself for having the best skin care ingredients in their products and backs that information up by real life testing and scientific research. All of their products are produced in small amounts so that each product is fresh and also packaged (an FDA certified facility I might add) under clean and tight conditions. My favorite part about this company; they are made right here in the US! The brand resides in Goleta, California and are a fairly new company which started this past November. They stand out by saying (and I agree) that they are not just "any other generic skincare brand," they actually take the time to create and experiment with products that are proven to prevent aging, protect healthy skin, and avert damage in the future from happening to the skin.


I got the opportunity to try both of the products they currently offer which is their 1.0mm Derma Roller and the Vitamin C Serum + E + Hyaluronic Acid + Ferulic Acid. I think it is a great idea to use both the products together to get the maximum results, but you don't have to. Usually, I would score each item separately but these products truly go hand in hand (I used them together as well) so I will be scoring them as a whole.


The first product is the 1.0mm (this is the needle size) Derma Roller. Now, I am going to be honest, when I first saw the product I was terrified to try it. I thought to myself you want me to put needles where and DO WHAT? ha ha. It really wasn't as bad as it sounds or looks, if you can stand a small pinch to the skin, then you will be able to use this product. For me I have found the best time to use this product is when you get out of the shower (it helps open the pores more; do this with the serum too). Now, you may experience some redness, but this WILL go away. I have VERY sensitive skin so you may not even experience that.

            Before Derma Roller                       After Derma Roller (light redness)

What's so important about this product is it helps open up the pores to get it ready to use the serum (or other beauty products). It says to roll 10 times per area, but I recommend doing what your comfortable with, and then work your way up. If you can handle it, this product truly works. I wish I has one of those up close skin cameras so you could see up close. It made my skin tighter as well as clearer. I was truly impressed. And can you believe that was only after a week!? After a month of this thing my skin should be nearly flawless.


The next product I received was the "Advanced Formula & Highly Concentrated Vitamin C + E Hyaluronic Acid  & Ferulic Acid" AKA Professional Anti-Aging Serum. Now a quick science lesson for those wanting to know. Ferulic Acid is one of the most powerful anti-oxidants and Hyaluronic Acid (which is naturally found in the body) secures moisture and creates fullness. I like to call this serum my little "Genie in a Bottle." Within a week of using this stuff, I significantly noticed the fine lines under my eyes fade. I thought to myself, "Maybe its another product I'm using?" then I remembered... I stopped using all my other skincare products temporarily so I could see how these products worked. Again, if I had one of those special camera's so you could see it, I think you would be surprised as well. I will be updating later how it goes after using it for a month, as well as if when stopping the product do the lines comes back and if so how long after etc. All I can say if you want the proof give it a try! 



Now, I applied this product with my hand (which I wouldn't recommend) or with a cotton ball (which I WOULD recommend). I applied it once a night straight after using the Derma Roller and taking a shower for extra added pore opening. Now the reason you should apply this product at night is because when you put Vitamin C on your skin it will be more prone to burning as well as sensitive to the sun, so keep that in mine when setting up a routine for it. Also, a little bit of this serum goes a long way. Be careful in order not to use too much or you may have a breakout. I noticed when I didn't use as much my skin was just fine and beautiful, but if I used too much or went crazy with it my skin didn't adhere to it. 

Overall, I am happy that I got to try out products from Petunia Skincare and can't wait to see what the future holds for this company. Now for the scoring...there were only two negative things I had to say about the products and that was the slight inflammation and the slight breakout from using too much of the product (which was my fault). But when you compare that to the positives of these products such as the tightening of the skin and the fine lines going away; AH-mazing! This is why I give these products such a high score.

Overall Product Score: 4.6*


If you wish to purchase any of these products you can find their site here: Petunia Skincare. Their Derma Roller is currently $14.99 and their Vitamin C Serum is $26.95. Because they are such amazing products they are actually on back order, but you can go on their Amazon site and purchase them as well, (which are actually cheaper) and if you have Amazon Prime like I do that means FREE shipping! If you would rather take that route you can go to their site here: Petunia Skincare on Amazon. The Derma Roller is $12.99 and their Vitamin C serum is $12.99. You also receive a really helpful E-book (valued at $8.95) after purchasing the serum that has a bunch of helpful hints you can download in your email. 



What do you think about these products? Would you be open to trying a Derma Roller or have you tried one of these before? Feel free to leave any questions or comments in regard to Petunia Skincare, I love hearing your feedback! And as always: Remember to stay beautiful by STAYING YOU!

Free product disclosure

*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

4 comments:

  1. Great Review....loving the vitamin C serum seems to be a really popular thing lately been wanting to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!....And you should it has so many great benefits.

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy! Thank you for this great review about our products Vitamin C Serum and Derma Roller. Looking forward with working with you again.

    http://www.petuniaskincare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the wonderful comment, I enjoyed working with yall too! :)

      Delete