Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ipsy - May 2014

Hello Everyone! I hope all of yall are having a good week so far. It's my favorite time of year here in South Carolina; a mixture of spring and summer. I think Ipsy is feeling it as well because the theme this month (as you can tell by the bag) is FRESH PICKS! So, I figured I would mix the pictures up as well into my personal "Fresh Picks." 

If you don't know what Ipsy is its a beauty subscription bag designed just for you (by taking the beauty quiz) for $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up


You receive a makeup beauty bag each month from Ipsy. This was for the month of May/ Now lets see what's inside...


"The Therapy Session Hair Mask deeply conditions, repairs and strengthens dry and damaged hair. 
Argan Oil nourishes and revitalizes, while Keravis Protein drastically increases hair’s strength and elasticity. 
The results are hydrated, soft and manageable hair." I love hair masks and this one is no exception, 
not to mention it has a beautiful Argan Oil scent. It also great for people who dye their hair a lot, 
good to try if your looking to fix any damage it has caused. 
S/N: According to their site this is a FULL SIZE product worth $12! 




"Protect and nourish your skin with our clear, lightweight, naturally scented sunscreen. Provides maximum water resistance and full body coverage against harmful UVA/UVB rays." This is not a usual product you would expect from Ipsy, but I don't mind it every now and then. It is also a very useful item, with my light skin tone I easily burn so it will defiantly get used.



"Improve the appearance of your skin with this gentle yet effective Microdermabrasion Scrub, only from derma e®. This formula buffs away dull surface cells, diminshes the appearance of wrinkles and acne scars, and absorbs excess skin oils with an exclusive crystal blend including Dead Sea Salt and Volcanic Sand (rich in Silica). Enriched with natural astringents Lime and Lemon Peel plus antioxidants Grapeseed and Vitamin E, this pro-grade treatment retexturizes skin, leaving it soft, smooth and younger-looking." Ever since I started getting interested in getting my Esthetics degree, I have been obsessed with learning about Microdermabrasion. This scrub truly works for getting dead skin off and the appearance of wrinkles. I would love to order more, and possibly do a review on their other products since they are so well made. 



"The Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo are coconut infused mineral eye shadows that are a perfect addition to any makeup collection. Packaged in a beautiful travel ready recyclable container, these exclusive duos are customized just for ipsy! These shades can be found in the Pacifica Mystical and Charmed Palette. Smooth application with gorgeous color pay-off." I wasn't able to find any of the duo's on their site, but if you look at the palette's (in the link I provided in the name) they have the color's in their different palettes. There were two different duo's you could receive the first one was a light and dark shade of brown called Celestial & Opal, the other set was this one. I couldn't be happier with these colors since I never really like browns and what you call natural colors. These are great eyeshadows, but you HAVE to wear primer or its just too light to see. That's the only really complaint I have about it, it lasts for a long time though.



"Achieve beautiful balance with the Pur-lisse pur~moist hydra balance moisturizer. Gently smooth over face day or night after cleansing and toning. Glides on like a gel and hydrates like a cream and never greasy. Hydates your skin to create a perfect canvas for makeup application. Dries down to a healthy glow. " S/N: I originally received a product from Olive Natural which I am sure was a great product, but I have wayy too many lip balm's. So what I did was trade with a very nice girl named Shelby (shout out to her!) for this wonderful product. If you don't receive the products you want I would recommend trading; it went great for me! Back to the product....I love it! My face is so dry all year-a-round and this product works wonders for it! I am so use to having to use facial lotion 2-3 times a day (yes, its that bad!), but with this product I put it on at night and I'm good to go. The only down-fall about this product is it's $55.00, but like I said its an amazing product so I truly believe its worth it.


So, what did you think of this month's "Fresh Picks" Ipsy bag for May? Do you subscribe to Ipsy, and if not what's been keeping you from doing so? I would love to hear what you got in your bag this month, along with your questions and comments. Feel free to leave them below!


Remember to always Stay Beautiful, By Staying YOU! xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment