Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ipsy - March 2015

(click to enlarge)

Hello There! 
I hope everyone is having an AH-mazing day! It has been a crazy week for me as I have had some sick family members, but things are finally starting to look up some. Thank you for all the support! That being said, I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of March, and I am excited to share with you what I received. This month's theme was "Floral Fantasy" For me it was a mix of good and bad, which was rare because I am generally in love with every Ipsy bag. However, we loose some, win some, right?

If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up



Every month you receive a bag with your Ipsy items in them. This month was a floral design of bright neon colors. I haven't really decided if I am in love with it yet. Sometimes I look at it and am like, What was Ipsy thinking? Then other times I'm like, This is really cool! Either way I will say it is definitely one of those prints better in person!

Let's see what I got in my bag this month...



"Pamper your lips with a hydrating kiss of smooth Butter Lipstick in 22 luxurious shades. The delicate texture of satin fused with the high color saturation creates an even finish on lips that’s long-wearing and beautiful."
Ipsters who sample NYX Butter Lipstick will either receive: Hunk, Little Susie, or Pops.
Usually, I would love a pink lipstick picked out for me out of the three colors that Ipsy offered. However, it was nice stepping out of my norm this month. This "blue violet" lipstick as NYX calls it, actually goes on lighter than I thought it would. For my light skin tone I thought I would look like a clown, but it's actually quite the opposite. I pull it off well I think, and have found a new found fav lipstick! Thanks, Ipsy!
Price: $6 (FULL SIZE!)

(click to enlarge)


"Flirtatiously fun color that you can mix and match with ease. 
Lightweight, ultra creamy texture glides on smoothly for intense, true-color payoff that doesn't fade.
Use as an eye shadow and as an eyeliner! Versatile and buildable - you choose the level of color intensity. Use with Mary Kay At Play® baked eye trio to enhance volume and creativity."
I've actually tried this pencil (and in the same color) before, and love it. So much so that I used it all up! haha. So, I was super excited to see it in my glam bag. A lot of people had mixed opinions about the color, but I am a greens, blues, and purple girl all the way! My only complaint about it, is that is uses up quickly.
Price: $10 (FULL SIZE!)



"When you're run down and stressed out, the delicate skin under your eyes really takes a beating, resulting in puffiness, dark circles and premature wrinkling. In just ten minutes, this cooling transdermal gel patch infuses the eye area with highly potent actives and Icelandic glacial water to firm, tone, brighten and reduce the appearance of puffiness and wrinkles. Eyes are revived, soothed and rejuvenated."

Here is another product that I have used in the past. In my opinion, they offer a great temporary fix. However, if your looking for something long term - I would probably recommend one of their other products as they make really wonderful products. I was happy to see that Ipsy gave us two of these to try out, and it will get used.

Price: $30 for 8 - $7.50 for 2 (which is what we received)



"Perfect your style with a runway-ready Glow! Ordinary finishing oils are designed to add vibrancy back into hair but often contain Sulfates, Parabens, Alcohol and other ingredients that can make hair dull, dry, and faded. °Coolway’s Glow™ contains none of these harmful components. It combines a natural and nutrient-rich formula of Vitamin E and Porphyra Seaweed extract to maintain moisture and balance so your hair remains beautiful and shiny throughout the day."

I have such thick and long hair, so I barely got one use out of the bottle (the top twists off like it does on hair dye). However, I will say I significantly noticed my hair was shiny and hydrated from the 1 use. It usually is so dry! I am very interested in trying out a full size of this product to see what sort of results it will give my hair long term. As well as some of their other products, since this is surprisingly my first time hearing about them. I am glad Ipsy chose this for me. 

Price: $29.95 (unsure of sample size price?)


(click to enlarge)



"This revolutionary BB Cushion is the world’s first, fastest and foundation-forward product that offers 5-in-1 skincare in a compact form. Powered by SPF 50+ broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection, the synergy of its exclusive Cushion Form technology and unique application hydrates, brightens, color corrects and soothes all skin types, all day long."

Wow, this stuff is really great! It gives amazing coverage. It also matched with my light skin tone, which was surprising. I was sad I could only get one use out of it though. I don't see the practicality in offering all 3 colors, but guess I understand why they did it that way.

Price: $34 (unsure of sample size price?)


BONUS ITEM

Bonus item's are items you get for redeeming points that you earn from reviewing the products, sharing, and referring on Ipsy.



"A new generation of Cargo’s lip gloss. Its super high shine gloss delivers intense color payoff and locks in moisture to keep lips feeling hydrated. This longwearing lip gloss has a slick texture that feels creamy gliding over lips without being sticky. Ingredients such as Vitamin E and Jojoba Seed oil help increase lip moisture and decrease the appearance of furrows around the mouth while increasing lip volume to its maximum fullness."

I have heard a lot of people talk about not liking this color. While it is different, I really like it. On my skintone it comes off as a light/nudish color of pink. I like combining it with my fuchsia lipstick from loreal to give it a nice glossy light finish.

Price: $16 ($8 for the mini?) 

This month was really a mixed bag for me! A lot of stuff I already tried, but some really great newbie products. What do you think about this month's Ipsy "Floral Fantasy" What variation did you receive? I love hearing your questions/comments, so feel free to leave them below.

Until next time STAY BEAUTIFUL by STAYING YOU!


XOXO,




Free product disclosure

4 comments:

  1. Wow amazing products you got. Cute little bag too. Great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I am glad you enjoyed the review! Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. I love IPSY!! You got a really great bag this month, I got the Iceland Glacier eye masks too. I love them! Thanks again for all your great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all familiar with Ipsy, but this review has me thinking about trying it!😃 just wondering if I really want to get into another subscription!

    ReplyDelete