Saturday, November 8, 2014

Michael Todd - Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser


Hello Everyone! I hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend so far. Today, I want to talk to you about a company as well as product I have had my eye on for awhile, but haven't had the chance to try until now. Michael Todd's Charcoal Detox Deep Pore Gel Cleanser is the NOW in skincare. Charcoal is a resource that is in my opinion a revolution in skincare today. It's becoming widely more used as well as popular, so I was excited to see how this product would compare with past charcoal oriented products I have used.

Who Is Michael Todd?

I love the story of Michael Todd. It is very true to who I am, to read the full context of this you can go to their company section here. Here is an excerpt from their page about who they are:

"I see skin care differently than most. Bottom line, if I wouldn't use the product myself, I won't sell it to you. In fact our products are not tested on animals... they are tested on me. I have personally used every product we 
sell. It has to feel right, smell right and work right or it doesn't get to be called Michael Todd true organics."

I don't like "water" as an ingredient. It is the first listed ingredient in too many skin care products. There's only one reason for its use: it's cheap. Water is not “organic,” and why would you pay for a product that's mostly water when you can get this from your tap? Other bases used in skin care products I don't like include Alcohol which is drying and irritating and Mineral Oil which suffocates the skin. Instead we use “nature’s first aid kit” organic Aloe Vera juice as a base which contains more than 75 nutrients and is anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory.
We also use as much organics as possible - usually 70%-95%. But organic ingredients need to be combined with other actives to be really effective. You don't fix your skin by just rubbing an avocado on your face. The key is finding the right blend of organic ingredients and effective, powerful anti-aging and blemish healing ingredients to achieve a truly great product....
Lastly, I am struck by how many companies still use parabens as a preservative, salt (sodium chloride) as a thickener, irritating drying sulfates and skin suffocating petrochemicals despite the growing evidence that these ingredients are potentially harmful to the user. We don't use any of these ingredients. At Michael Todd we say, "You'll love what's in our products...and you will love even more what's not." That's why we prominently disclose to our customers the ingredients we use in our products so they can see for themselves.
Effective organically based skin care solutions without the bad stuff. This is what Michael Todd true organics is about... this is what we stand for."
The Product/My Thoughts


"This unique cleanser utilizes the properties of Activated Charcoal in a base of organic Aloe Vera to neutralize acidity and absorb impurities while sugar cane and maple provide gentle exfoliation for increased cellular turnover.Amazingly absorbent, Activated Charcoal is widely known for its ability to effectively cleanse the skin, unclog pores and remove deeper impurities and dead skin cells. Beneficial for all skin types, powerful antioxidants and tea tree and other essential oils provide effective anti-aging and blemish healing properties, including treatment of acne, rosacea and eczema."
Sulfate free "no tears" formula does not irritate eyes.  210 ml / 7 fl oz
This product is generally recommended for acne prone/oily skin and NOT recommended for those with sensitive skin. However, my skin is a bit of combination mixed with some dry spots. Well, one in particular and that being my nose. I also have been known to have sensitivity in the past. Even though I wasn't the "perfect" fit for the product I have tried many similar charcoal products so I knew what I was in for, and have learned for the most part what my skin can deal with. Just like I thought, I had no major issues with sensitivity. I did have a bit of drying, but nothing my nightly moisturizer could handle.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this cleanser. I loved the what I call, fresh tantalizing feel over my skin, and the smell wasn't harsh or strong either. If you have used charcoal products in the past - to me it has that universal smell, and this was just like that. I really appreciate that it was made in the US, and it being certified organic is a major plus for me. After reviewing and using so many products I feel like that is what my skin appreciates the most. 

If you are looking for a deep down cleanser to help get rid of acne, then I think this is a wonderful product to try and use. Even though I have learned what works for my skin and what doesn't, I would still recommend (I still do this) if you have sensitive skin to try a dime size on a small part of your skin before trying on your face. 

I have been using this product in the morning to start my day, and have really enjoyed it. It not only cleans all the impurities off my face but wakes me up feeling refreshed as well.

You can purchase this product for $23 on their website located here: Michael Todd True Organics.

Overall Product Score: 4.3*

I love your feedback! What do you think about Michael Todd's product's? Have you ever tried their product's before? I love hearing your question's and comment's. Feel free to leave them below. 

*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

Free product disclosure
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

5 comments:

  1. I had never heard of this house, it sounds even more interesting than its base is aloe. I love that they are organic and will not be tested on animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried his products, but I have seen others rave about them via online posts. Love that it's made here and, of course, that it's certified organic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have only tried their charcoal products but I really have enjoyed them so far. I am interested to see how their other products compare. Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for reading! You really should give it a try their pretty awesome, if I do say myself :)

    ReplyDelete