Friday, November 14, 2014

Ipsy - November 2014


Greetings! I hope everyone is having a nice day. I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of November, and I am excited to share with you what I got. This month's theme was "Girl Meets Glitter."

If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up



Each month you receive a bag with your Ipsy items in them. I loved this month's bag, it was so much better in person than in pictures. Very sparkly, girl, and chic! :)

Let's see what I got this month...


Temptu S/B Highlighter - "A cult favorite of makeup artists around the globe, TEMPTU S/B Highlighter is the perfect product that goes on sheer for an overall illuminating and contouring effect. Light-reflecting and transfer resistant, S/B Highlighter glides on effortlessly for a brilliant complexion boost that contours to highlight your best features."

Here are 3 quick and simple tips using just a few drops of S/B Highlighter in Pink Pearl: 

CONTOURING HIGHLIGHTS for Cheeks
STEP ONE: Place a couple drops on your fingertips.
STEP TWO: Lightly dab onto the apples of the cheeks to highlight the cheekbone area.
STEP THREE: Blend upward, toward the temples, for a glowing look.

CONTOURING HIGHLIGHTS for Nose & Forehead
STEP ONE: Place a drop in-between your eyebrows.
STEP TWO: Sweep up toward the hairline blending outward from the central point.
STEP THREE: Apply down the bridge of the nose a light-reflecting contour to define and sculpt.

BODY ILLUMINATION
STEP ONE: Add three drops to a pump of body lotion.
STEP TWO: Rub between your hands to blend together.
STEP THREE: Apply where you normally would, paying special attention to your best assets.


I have tried each of these highlighting tips, and they really do work. I love to put it in my body lotion especially, and contouring my nose to look smaller feels almost like a magic trick it works so well. 
Price for Full Size: $27.50 (use code IPSY for 25% off!)


J Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint(Red Potion) - "For invincible color and impeccable wear, the Wonder Lip Paint serves justice! With the twofold blend of endurance and delivery of intense pigmentation, this will become your heroine of lip colors. Paint your lips to perfection for your day and nighttime adventures!" 

I think this product is wonderful, but I think the packaging is a total fail. You would think in this picture it's just my lighting why you can't read it, to some degree this is true but the other part is just the fact that the writing is so dark. Also, I wish the applicator had been different. I am not going to stain my finger or put this on a nice brush, so my only other option at the time was a q-tip. Enough with that rant, but as far as the formula it was really wonderful. To me it comes off on my skin as a dark purple color, and is unlike any color I've ever seen.
Price for Full Size: $4.99 (I believe this IS full size! Use code 25JCAT for 25% off!)


Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Volume Shine HairsprayGet extra volume, shine and hold with this dual purpose hairspray; nourishing and styling in one! This argan oil, keratin and grape seed oil infused hairspray gives you strong and flexible hold plus deep nourishment, strengthening and conditioning as you style. 

The non-water based, fast drying formula freeze-frames your volume and hold without stickiness or flaking and it’s flexible finish creates workable styles for easy re-styling without crunch or heavy build-up. It creates a luminous finish and shields against humidity for longer lasting styles. Sun Protectors keep the sun and other elements from damaging your full bodied mane. What more could you want from a hairspray?

I just don't have a strong need for this. I do have a friend who would love it, so it will go to them.  However, I do think it is a great product. I love how it's not just hairspray, but has a dual purpose to keep shine and give extra volume.
Price for Full Size: $8.29


Elizabeth Mott You're So FINE Eyeliner (Glitterati)- "It’s not just any liquid eyeliner. With you’re so FINE’s micro-tipped brush, you can control your strokes to create dramatic, and sharp cat eyes! This brush is so control friendly that creating precise, symmetrical lines is ridiculously easy, so it’s perfect for first time liquid eyeliner users too.

The specialized, quick drying formula has intense, inky pigmentation that’s waterproof, meaning it lasts all day without smudging. Just in time for the holidays, the super flirty Glitterati formula will make you the center of attention. All eyes on you, gorgeous!"

This was one of my favorite product's in the bag. What girl doesn't love a little bit of glitter in her eyeliner? Well, maybe not every girl, but I know I do! ha-ha! This make's a wonderful cat eye as well, and it is I am embarrassed to say the first one I've been able to create successfully on the first try!
Price for Full Size: $17.99 (I believe this IS full size! Use code IPSYFINE for 50% off your order!)


Be A Bombshell Eye Base (Submissive) - "This eye base is a highly pigmented, long-lasting product that can be used as a single cream color or used as an eye base to build color."

    • Bombshell Application: Apply lightly with fingertip to create a natural finish. Layer for added color.
    • Bombshell Tip: Create a more intense look by layering with a powder eyeshadow.

I love the look it gives with an eyeshadow over it, it definitely gives a more intense look. I've had a lot of fun experimenting with this, and am interested in trying some of the other bases as well.
Price for Full Size: $17 (I believe this IS full size!)

So, what did you think of this month's "Girl Meets Glitter" Ipsy bag for November? Do you subscribe to Ipsy, what variation did you receive? If not what's been keeping you from doing so? I would love to hear what you got in your bag this month, along with your questions and comments. Feel free to leave them below!

6 comments:

  1. Ipsy had heard but did not know in detail what it was. I love the idea of ​​getting to know the products and for only $ 10. Thank you for every description and idea of ​​how to use the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being loyal and reading! I have been with Ipsy since it started, so very long ago. . Use to have a ton of subscriptions, but could not afford it anymore. I end up keeping Ipsy, and it still gives me that makeup/skincare fix I need every month. Just with every subscription, I believe Ipsy has their good months and bad. However, there has only been twice when I didn't like my bag. Once you get your profile right, for me this took 6 months of tweaking, I started enjoying it even more. Just some tips! :) Let me know if you or anyone needs my link, I hear is helps get off the waitlist quicker, although I am not. positive.

      Delete
  2. Btw if your not want the hair spray do a giveaway for us ��

    ReplyDelete