Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Exfolimate - Face and Body Exfoliation


Good Afternoon! I hope all of you are having a wonderful evening. Before I get started I want to reiterate that these reviews are 100% my opinion and my opinion only. You may not always agree with my reviews, but your always more than welcome to leave your comment in the box at the end of this review and tell me your opinion as well (or leave; I hope that you don't though!). I am not and will never be a blogger to hide or delete your comments, and as long as you are respectful, I promise to be the same!  

Today, I want to talk to you about a product I received called Exfolimate (as seen in the picture above). When I was first asked to review this new tool, I quickly jumped at the chance. Exfoliating is a great way to keep the skin looking beautifully smooth and fresh. If there was an easier way to find it then what I was doing now then count me in!

About The Product

(above is the Exfolimate product for the body)

"Exfolimate is a new and innovative way to physically remove the dirt, oils and debris lingering on the outermost layer of your skin. With a gentle steel exfoliating edge and cell catching micro-grooves, Exfolimate glides along the contours of your skin to unveil the smoother, younger layers of skin hiding beneath.

The Exfolimate comes as a two-piece tool set and is an all-natural way to exfoliate your body and face. With only water and no other chemicals, Exfolimate is your best mate for spa standard exfoliation right in the comfort of your shower or bath.

And no need to worry about hygiene – unlike germ-ridden loofahs and pumice stones, Exfolimate will not harbor any bacteria or chemicals, and it is super easy to clean. Simply run the skin smoothing edge under warm running water and your tool is ready to go for your next Exfolimate experience.
Every Exfolimate tool comes with a handy hanging cord, so after you’ve finished rinsing your tool of any dirt, oils or debris, simply hang the tool in your shower or bath to dry."

It's an Australian product and has made its way to the U.S. for $29.99. You can locate the product at many different stores including drugstores like Walgreens (where I saw it at the other day). To see a full list of retailers you can go to their site: HERE.

Review

To me the tool reminds me of a razor without the sharp blade; with Exfolimate the edge is blunt. It's main purpose is to take away dead skin cells. There is absolutely no way to cut yourself and the tool is completely safe. 

The first time I tried it, I used it on my face and not my body. I thought to myself, I must be doing something wrong. The directions said to hold it at a 90 degree angle as well as to use it on dampened skin. So, then I ran the bath water as hot as I could stand it and tried to open my pores like the directions said. I then proceeded to use it on my face and now my legs to see if it would work differently. Yet, nothing I did no matter what the angle, or pressure, it didn't give me a great exfoliation. 

Before making my final decision, I even got my husband to try it out in the shower without telling him anything about how I felt accept the directions. Yet, no luck for him either. I also tried the product again on my face with body oil to soften the skin.

Above the face tool with the attachment to hang it up or to put on your wrist

Perhaps with more time of using it I will feel differently. I really wanted to like this product!! I wanted to jump aboard with all the other people who have had success with this product. It's defiantly a product you have to have the time for. I'm always hurrying in and out of the shower, and just simply don't have the time. It just wasn't for me, I'd rather keep to what I know works and use my facial/body scrubs. 

Overall Product Score: 2.9*


So, I NEED and WANT to know. Have you ever tried this product before? How did you use it and did it work for you? Please feel free to leave any comments or questions below, your feedback is welcome with open arms. Until next time, remember ALWAYS stay BEAUTIFUL by staying YOU! XOXO.



*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

Free product disclosure

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being truthful about your experience. I love reading genuine & honest reviews like this one. The concept of the Exfolimate sounds really neat but I don't think I would purchase it because I love my facial scrubs too (and they work)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I am glad someone understands it. :) I never want to bring the wrong information to my readers.

      Delete