Monday, September 16, 2013

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask Review

Hello Everyone! Welcome to Manic Monday, just kidding! No seriously though, nothing can be quite stressful like Monday's. There is so much to do and oh such little time to do it in. So when I was trying to figure out a product to review on my weekly trip to Walgreen's, I thought a facial mask would be the perfect thing to review. On sale for $1.99, I thought the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask would be perfect to put on and relax after work.

 
 
 
For more information about it and the easiest way I know to explain it here is the information I gathered straight from the Garnier website:
 
Is it right for me? Dark spots, dullness, and uneven skin come from a number of sources and are one of the most difficult problems to treat. A gentle and yet effective treatment can sometimes be hard to find.

Garnier Skin Renew introduces Dark Spot Treatment Mask, a 10-minute gentle facial mask with Vitamin C that leaves skin intensely hydrated for 24 hours and brightens for smooth, radiant skin that feels refreshed and revitalized. This translucent tissue mask with breakthrough Stretch-to-Fit Technology acts as a "second skin"—smoother and better adherence to the natural contours of the face—for maximum comfort and effectiveness.

How is it different?
INNOVATIVE DELIVERY SYSTEM
Each facial tissue mask contains 1/2 bottle* of hydrating serum, delivered in a relaxing full facial application.
Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Mask utilizes breakthrough Stretch-to-Fit Technology—a translucent tissue mask that perfectly fits the natural contours of the face, delivering continuous intense hydration. A 10-minute facial for brighter, more radiant skin.

How do I use it
Cleanse and dry face. Gently place mask on face and adjust around eyes, nose and mouth. After 10 minutes, remove mask and massage remaining product into skin.
 
In one use: Instant radiance + 24 hour hydration.
In just 2 weeks: Skin is brighter and more even when mask is used 3x per week."
 
 
I thought about posting a picture with the mask on, but I won't do that to my fellow followers! haha. It was a tad scary, so this is a picture of what the mask looks like.
 
The Review: I was very impressed with this mask. Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of the Garnier brand until I used this face mask. And after just one use (because that is all I bought) it makes me want to try some of their other products. I am sure if you use this mask 3x per week, you will get even better results. After just one use though, my face felt hydrated and refreshed. I did this mask for about 25 minutes, while it suggests 10 minutes I felt like it would be a waste and I wanted to get the full results. This worked just as well. I have a problem with dry skin (really dry!) so I am constantly using moisturizers.I also have very sensitive skin, and this didn't feel like my skin was burning like a Michael Todd mask. Not that their is anything wrong with Michael Todd mask's, its just my skin can't handle them. I would say after about 48hrs this is when I felt like I could use another mask. So it did last a really long time, and if your going to invest in facial mask's, I would suggest getting a box of these instead of just a single packet. At Walmart you can get a 6 count of these for $14.97.
 
Overall product Score: 3.5*
  • Have you tried Garnier Skin Renewal Masks? Did you like it, did you dislike it? What's your favorite type of masks, and what deals have you found? Please, feel free to leave any comment's and questions below! I love hearing from you. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of pigmentation, product, texture, application, and longevity
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, I like the idea of a dark spot treatment mask. I may have to make a special trip to Target tomorrow to pick up a box! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was really surprised at how they made my face feel especially for a mask that is so inexpensive. Hope you like them! :)

      Delete