Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Ipsy - June 2015


 (click to enlarge)

 

I hope all of you are having a spectacular day! That being said, I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of June, and I am excited to share with you what I received. This month's theme was "Swim Into Beauty." 

Here in the South it feels like the world has been on fire lately with our 100 degree weather. So while I may not be able to relate to the beauty part (because my makeup literally sweats off!), I can relate to the swim part because that's where most of my summer will be spent. Poolside indeed! 


If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up



Every month you receive a bag with your Ipsy items in them. This month the bag design was a black foam like material bag, with matching black Ipsy written on the front. While it didn't show up on the picture, it also had a hint of sparkle to it on the lettering. Inside the bag it was black as well, but the zipper is a neon orange color. I've been with Ipsy since day one, and I must say I don't know how they manage to create such a unique bag every month (but they do!).

Now let's see what I got inside my Glam Bag this month. Feel free to click on any of the pictures below if you want to see up close any of the products...

Tre'Stique - Shadow Crayon (Kona Coffee)

"This amazing 12 hour eye shadow has customizable color that you can build from a subtle wash to intense vibrancy. It’s also super blendable with a crease free, smooth finish."

I received this in the color "Kona Coffee" which is a chocolate brown. I would of preferred the color "Aspen Pine" which was an earthy green. However, it helps take me out of my norm, and I get to experiment with something new. When I first saw this I thought I was missing the top because it looks like a pencil (am I the only one who thought that?). Instead it is just for looks and the top actually pulls off. The color goes on really creamy, and it has a nice pigment to it.

Price: $26 (for a full size; value for mini around $11)

 
 BioRepublic SkinCare - Sheet Mask Trio

"Each BioRepublic sheet mask offers a targeted 15-minute solution guaranteed to help you navigate even your most treacherous skin dilemmas. Packing over half a bottle of potent serum in every mask and loaded with active botanicals, these express facial treatments deliver the vital hydration and nutrients your skin needs to maintain its natural glow. What’s more, all BioRepublic SkinCare products are 100% cruelty free and use materials that are either biodegradable or recyclable, so your conscience will feel as relieved as your complexion."

I was super excited to receive these masks, and they are among my favorite item in my Ipsy bag this month. You receive one cucumber, aloe, and green tea mask. My favorite so far is the aloe mask. If you get really dry skin like I do or even have combination skin this can be really beneficial. These masks do a really great job at revitalizing the skin. 

Price: $14.95 (These are full size! Each mask is $4.95 a piece)



"Highly pigmented, hydrating, semi-matte lip stain. A delightfully creamy and lightweight stain for any occasion. Silky, smooth and packed with Vitamin E and plants extract, this stain is your go-to glam tool for sexy. Liptitude will last 24/7 and give you some serious ATTITUDE."

I love the formula as well as how it feels. It gives you a ton of moisture as well as color. The only thing that wasn't for me was the actual color of the product it was just a tad on the darker side of pink. I think the other option we could of received "Hikilicious" would of been perfect on me. I look forward to trying the various shades of this product in the future.

Price: $5.99 (this is full size!)



"Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. Worn alone or under foundation, this best-selling, oil-free primer helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish.
 This primer diffuses the light hitting your skin to blur out imperfections for an even, soft-focus look while also making your makeup last all day long."


I actually already own this primer. I was happy to have a sample size of it though so I can throw in my travel makeup bag. It truly works like it says. It gives your skin a silky flawless finish, as well as creates a barrier so all the makeup doesn't seep down into your pores. If you haven't ever used a primer like this it does feel funny at first, but once you try it you will be hooked.

Price: $36 (received a deluxe sample size worth $9?) 




"This long lasting, rich and creamy formula dries fast and stays put. This tapered natural brush gives you the control you need to create a precise and dramatic line. The liquid goes on smoothly without skipping, smudging, or pulling, plus it lasts all day. Create the perfect line, every time!"

I like the color and the pigment. The drying time is a little slow, and if your eyes water than it may not be for you. Then again I'm not crazy about liquid eyeliner, especially after using gel eyeliner. For me it just isn't the same, but a close second. 

Price: $2.77 (this is Full size!)

This month we received a value of around $44! Not only did I get to try some new products, but got a great deal since I only paid $10. What do you think about this month's Ipsy "Swim Into Beauty?" What variation did you receive? I love hearing your questions/comments, so feel free to leave them below.

Until next time STAY BEAUTIFUL by STAYING YOU!

XOXO,


 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. :) Mary do you sign up to any subscription services?

      Delete