Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nourish Organic - Organic Almond Vanilla Body Lotion


Hello Everyone! I hope all of you are having a terrific Friday. As, it is starting to turn into fall and cooling down, it seems I need to moisturize my skin more than ever! I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to try out, and talk to to you about Nourish Organic. Specifically, Organic Almond Vanilla Body Lotion! I have used their Cucumber and Watercress Facial Cleanser in the past, so I wanted to see what else they had to offer, since I enjoyed it.

Who is Nourish Organic?

PIONEERING BEGINNINGS

"When we founded Nourish more than a decade ago, the words "organic" and "beauty" were never found together. We were concerned by numerous studies and research that shed light on the hazardous chemicals in existing beauty products, and by the lack of regulations in the personal care industry. Believing that what you put on your body is every bit as important as what you put in it, we became "organic beauty pioneers," determined to create the very first line of chemical-free, environmentally friendly skincare products."
"We were the first beauty company to ever work with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to create a collection of products so pure they could be certified organic under the same strict standards the government uses to certify food. And in 2003, we launched Nourish—the world's first USDA-certified organic skincare collection."
"Then, in 2012, we re-introduced the Nourish brand with an even more exciting line up of fabulous USDA certified organic products that you are sure to enjoy."

GOOD FOR YOU. GOOD FOR THE EARTH.

"Today, from our headquarters in the rolling hills of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, we create and produce healthy, concern-free, eco-friendly skin care products that really work (and that are as pure and clean as the organic fruits and vegetables you find at your local market)." 
"In addition to being completely natural and organic, our products are also cruelty-free, gluten-free, and mostly vegan. We display all of the following badges with pride on all of our packaging, so you can be sure that no product you buy is kinder to your skin, and to the earth and the animals with which we share it." Note: This is straight from their site if you wish to get the official reading you can go to Nourish Organic Story.
One thing, I really like about this company is that they give part of their proceeds to a lot of different causes. These causes include but are not limited to: The Women's Center, Association for the Blind, City Rescue Mission, Meals on Wheels, and the Salvation Army. So, not only will you get a product that is great for your skin, but a product that is helping other's as well.
The Product/My Thoughts

Organic Almond Vanilla Body Lotion - "Smooth on this soothing, naturally scented lotion made with organic aloe, rice protein, acai, essential oils and Vitamin E. Perfect for even the most sensitive skin."

This is not at all what I expected! I guess when I think of almond and vanilla, I think of something very nutty as well as sweet since it has vanilla in it. To me however, it smelled almost like fruity pebbles! I know that sounds funny, but it did smell pretty wonderful. 

It was also lighter than I had expected. I thought it would be a little thicker, but I like that it wasn't as thick. It was easy to put on and took hardly any time at all to absorb into my skin.

I also appreciated the fact, that it didn't clog my pores. It also wasn't greasy like some lotion's can be, don't you hate that? However, no problem here. With it having Aloe and Shea in it, I think this will be a great lotion not only for the winter, but all year round. 
Price: $11.99

Overall Product Score: 4.0*



I also received a sample size of the Coconut & Argan Body Lotion. I was very surprised with smell of it too. To me it smelled like the crisp smell of the ocean, but without the salt smell in it if that makes any sense? I think this is going to make a great gift, and I have the perfect person in mind. 

I really enjoyed working with Nourish Organic. I think they offer a lot not only in their products, but giving back as well. What do you think of Nourish Organic? I would love to hear your questions/comments below! Until next time, Remember to STAY BEAUTIFUL by STAYING YOU!
XOXO.




*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

Free product disclosure

No comments:

Post a Comment