Saturday, October 18, 2014

Ipsy - October 2014




Greetings! I hope everyone is having a nice day. I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of October, and I am excited to share with you what I got. This month's theme was "Beauty Candy."

If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up


Each month you receive a bag with your Ipsy items in them. I loved this month's bag, it was so much better in person than in pictures. It was a little lighter in color than in this picture, and was really well made. 

Let's see what I got this month...


ECRU New York Acacia Protein BB Cream Beauty Balm for Hair - "A first in haircare. Finally, an ultra-light, incredibly versatile, all-in-one multifunctional beauty balm that harnesses the moisturizing and protective power of the patented Acacia Collagen™ for ultimate repair, conditioning, manageability, smoothness, body and shine. Perfect for all hair types. Color safe. Paraben free. "

It seems like more and more products are being made from trees in Africa. This one comes from the Acacia Tree which I found really interesting. I didn't think I would really care for this product when I first received it, however it turned out to be one of my favorite products in the bag. It gave my hair a lot of volume and nutrients, and made styling my hair a lot easier. 
Price: $12 
(FULL SIZE PRODUCT! There is also a larger size for $30.)


Starlooks Lip Gloss in Guilty Pleasure - "Starlooks Lip Glosses are created with a truly moisturizing, luxury, non-sticky formula. This neutral-rose, yet glamorous shade provides the perfect glisten for any lip look and complements any skin tone! Can be worn alone or in combination with other Starlooks lip products for a truly customizable finish."

I'm not sure if it's the way I put it on or what, but I love the way it makes my lips look fuller. I usually prefer a brighter pink color, however if you like more nudes, this would be a great color for you. I like how it's not a sticky formula, very smooth, and non-drying. I am interested to try the other colors, so hopefully I will be bringing that review to you soon.
Price: $12 


Figs & ROUGE Hand Cream - "Figs & Rouge Shea Butter Enriched Limited Edition Hand Creams are deliciously fragrant & indulgent. These delectable creams soften, nourish & thoroughly pamper hands throughout the day, quickly absorbing to provide super-soft skin. Apply Figs & Rouge Hand Cream onto your hands and massage into skin throughout the day as needed. "

I really wanted the Rose Berry, but received the Mago Mandarin. The smell was so-so however, I loved the formula. It was very light and absorbed into my skin quickly so you can go about your day. I have tried a couple of products from Figs & ROUGE, and can't wait to be able to try others they are a very unique brand.
Price: $6.56 (FULL SIZE!)


Jesse's Girl Mineralized Baked Shadow Powder in Graphite Frost - Get out-of-this-world eyes with Jesse’s Girl Mineralized Baked Powder Eyeshadows. 

This was my favorite product in the bag! A very sparkly grey color. I loved it so much I did some research on it, and found/bought a 9-piece palette on Amazon for about the price of 2 of these. I love the way each one looks on my skin and how they blend. It allows me to bring out my creativity, and I have been able to do a lot of different looks with these.
Price: $3.99 (FULL SIZE)



Épicé International Purifying Exfoliant - "A unique exfoliant which removes excess dirt and dead skin cells all while activating collagen production and hydrating your skin. This moisture rich formula utilizes mild, non-irritating and anti-bacterial cleansers with micro-fine polyspheres which enhances skin texture and clarity for a clean, fresh appearance. The Épicé Purifying Exfoliant is also great to use on the entire body and after just a few uses, you will begin to see improvement in the look and feel of your skin."

It does a great job at exfolliating, I can feel the small little beads in it as it rubs across my skin. It says it hydrates but if you have really dry skin like I do, I would still recommend using a moisturizer. 
Price: $32


So, what did you think of this month's "Beauty Candy" Ipsy bag for October? Do you subscribe to Ipsy, and if not what's been keeping you from doing so? I would love to hear what you got in your bag this month, along with your questions and comments. Feel free to leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment