Friday, October 10, 2014

Gabriel Cosmetics - Zuzu Luxe Peep Show Palette


Hello Everyone! I hope all of you are doing well today. I haven't done a whole lot of palette reviews in the past, so when I was offered to try out this palette I was thrilled! The ZuZu Luxe Peep Show Palette from Gabriel Cosmetics has so much to offer. From it's translucent powder, blush, and 4 shadow colors. There is a little bit of everything rolled up into this one palette, so let's get to it shall we?

Who Is Gabriel Cosmetics?



"Founded by Gabriel De Santino in 1992, Gabriel Cosmetics Inc. originated as a botanical skincare company drawing on Gabriel’s personal influences and childhood experiences of homeopathic skincare and cosmetics. Today, the brand has vastly grown into a beauty empire with the addition of Gabriel Color, Zuzu Luxe by Gabriel Cosmetics, and Clean Kids Naturally, making up a diverse collection of cosmetics and children’s skincare products to join the existing Gabriel Organics Skincare." 
"Gabriel Cosmetics Inc. started with a vision of natural beauty and has evolved with the philosophy of sustainable individual natural beauty while continuing to advocate healthy living. This philosophy is translated through their organic skincare and vegan and gluten free cosmetics, both collections created to bring out a woman’s natural existing beauty." [Note: This is from their official page, to learn more about Gabriel Cosmetic's more in depth or to see the original context go here for more.]
I love not only do they have cosmetics and beauty products for adults, but that they have children's skincare products as well. They also have a beautiful nail collection, and I was just recently drooling over some of the colors. So, give their products a look, because there is a little something for everyone! You can go here to look at all of their items. 
The Palette/My Thoughts

(click on the picture to enlarge)
ZuZu Luxe Peep Show Palette - "Peep Show is an exhibition of color; sultry nudes, sizzling gold and a burst of color for your cheeks, the translucent powder leaves your skin flawless. Packaged in a luxurious platinum compact you’ll want to put on display."
Price: $45.00
There is literally so much that you can do with this palette! The option's and imagination behind it are truly endless! As you can see you have your 4 eyeshadows: Amber, Toasted, Velvet, & Nude. Let's go into what the bigger two are for, because I wasn't sure at first either.

This color is the Translucent. It is a sheer setting powder that leaves your skin with a flawless finish. Now for those who do not know what a "setting powder" is, it is a loose or compact sheer-to-medium coverage powder that “sets” your foundation or other base makeup so that it lasts longer throughout the day. It adheres to any damp and/or sticky part of the foundation and creates somewhat of a seal. 

It's something I actually haven't used a lot in the past. However, since I have been using this translucent powder, I have noticed my makeup has lasted a LOT longer! It's funny as a beauty blogger/soon to be Esthetician you would think I have tried it all. This was new to me though, and I loved it! Defiantly, a new staple in my makeup wardrobe.


This color is called "Bitten." It is a Neutral red to achieve perfectly flushed cheeks. 

I was worried that being how light my complexion was that it may be too dark for me, but it was actually very pretty! 


Then of course you are familiar with shadows, which is what these are up above. I love that they give you a variety of options, and there is something for every skin tone. 

You can use these with a primer for maximum intensity, which I would totally recommend!! The reason being is not only does the color look better, but you won't have problems with it creasing either by doing this. The primer I am currently using that is easy for any budget is, 
Wet N Wild - "Day Shadow Primer." You can pick this up at most of your local drugstores. 

Overall, I am really impressed with this palette! I think that is well worth the money. It gives you a lot of product, and has a lot to offer. No matter what skin tone or complexion, there is something for everyone in this. I have found way's to incorporate all of these into my makeup looks. 

Just play around with it, have some imagination, and most of all have fun!

Overall Product Score: 4.7*

Here is one of the many looks I created with the Palette. Everything you see on my face minus the eyeliner and pink gloss is the palette. I have a very light brown on my eyelids, the bitten blush, the setting powder, and the nude to highlight my brow bone (which is another thing it is great for, highlighting!):





I want to know! What do you think about Gabriel Cosmetics & ZuZu Luxe? Have you ever tried their products? If not, which color do you think would be your favorite in the palette? I love hearing your questions and comments below. So, feel free to leave them below. Remember you are BEAUTIFUL!
XOXO. 

*overall rating is based on a 5 point scale based off of product, pricing, texture, application, and longevity.

Free product disclosure

2 comments:

  1. I never used this product. It's the first day I hear of this product. I love pinks maybe a palette with fuchsia, white, grey and black.

    How is the texture?
    Are creamy?
    Have any moisture?

    Sorry for ny errors but I learn English now ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's perfectly okay Carmen. I appreciate the feedback.

      The texture is a powder so it's not creamy or has any moisture. However, if you are looking for a creamy eyeshadow with moisture I would recommend the Maybelline Tattoo 24hr cream gel. I tried them a long time ago and fell in love. (http://amyballou.blogspot.com/2013/09/maybelline-color-tattoo-24hr-cream-gel.html)

      I am more of a bright's myself. So this was a new experience to me, however if you like more nudes and a subtle look this would be a wonderful palette to go with. I have noticed also it last's a really long time for the fact that I have to use very little of the product.

      Hope this answer's your question and helps? Feel free to ask me anything else, and thanks for reading.

      Delete