Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ipsy - February 2014

Hello Everyone!  It's that time again, for my favorite subscription service Ipsy. :) This month went right along with Valentine's Day, and the theme was "The Look of Love." Below is a picture of the bag it was just a plain pink makeup bag, but the real surprise of the bag design was the inside to take it from boring to giving it a little pizzazz with what I would call pink zebra camo kisses! haha.

I love how for the last couple of month's Ipsy subscribers have more of a variety of the items they can get. Ipsy has definitely improved since they first started. Some people haven't liked the variety, but I rather enjoy everything I have got so far (it seems as if they are actually paying attention to our beauty profile now!)

Now on to the contents...


Uberliss RituOil - "Quench your hair's thirst with the Uberliss Rituoil! Engineered with a light blend of  Orchid & Argan Oil, RituOil will preserve precious moisture within the hair fiber by sealing the cuticle & will safeguard it from thermal damage. The end result will be amazingly soft, shiny, & frizz-free hair." I love the Orchid Smell that this product has, and I also love that extra straightening effect it gives my hair when I straight-iron it. I honestly didn't think that it would do much for my hair, because I truly haven't noticed a big difference in the Argan Oil products are out there but this one did a pretty good job. The only thing that I would say I didn't like about this product is you do have to spend sometime with it for it to work (blow drying, straightening, etc.), so if you are on the go all the time this wouldn't be a good product for you other than that I would recommend it.


Zoya Nail Polish -  "This seasons's Zoya Nail polish are full of pure pigment, intense color and modern complexity that are a perfect transition into Spring. Ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Odette or Dot." Normally, I would dread getting another polish just because I have so many but this shade of purple (also known as Odette) is absolutely beautiful. I also like the Zoya brand, most of the polishes I have received from them I have only had to use one coat of polish which is a plus. 


Pop Beauty Plum Pout Mini - "This plumping pout perfector combines the high-shine of a lacquered gloss with the long wear of a stain and is packed full of lip-plumping peptides and avocado and jojoba oils. Lightweight, creamy texture immediately merges with lips & delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting finish! Ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Peony Petal or Fuschia Freesia." This color also known as Peony Petal is very true to its color, and a perfect pink shade for my light skin. I own a lot of Pop Beauty products and this one is another Pop Beauty product done well. Believe it or not my favorite part of this mini is the feel of the packaging, I'm not sure of the material but it makes it feel like a quality product because of its feel. 


Mally Beauty Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner -  "This creamy formula glides effortlessly onto the lid and locks into lower rim to beautifully define your eyes. Create a fine line or a thicker line with no pulling or tugging. Wear it as a shadow by applying to the lid and smudge. Rich and full, this liner will give a strong coverage that lasts all day. Ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Starlight." I like the formula of this product, it is very creamy and really does glide effortlessly without any streaking. The only thing is just I have never really liked using silver eyeliners because of my skin tone, but I will be passing this to a friend who can get good use out of it. I look forward to trying other Mally products, since this product seems to be of good quality.




Jesse's Girl 9 Pan Eyeshadow Compact - "Jesse's Girl put together four great eye shadow collections suitable for all: Brown Eyed Girl, Behind Blue Eyes, Tickled Pink, and The Eyes Have It. Each compact features nine coordinating eye shadows in a sleek, travel-friendly case. Ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Tickled Pink, Brown Eyed Girl, Behind Blue Eyes, or The Eyes Have It." I received Behind Blue Eyes, and I am so glad I did because out of all of the ones you could receive this one had colors in it that I would actually wear and that went with my eyecolor. Shame on whoever took the pictures on their site though, because the colors shown on the website, and what they really look like are night and day!  I actually wanted to purchase the other ones when I saw other bloggers pictures, compared to what I saw on the Ipsy website which turned me away from the product. Beside's that though, there is nothing negative I have to say about this particular compact. The eyeshadow's are very pigmented with or without primer, and you can't beat the price at $3.99 each! Plus, if you are an Ipsy subscriber you can get 20% off with code IPSYFEB2014, making these cheap. I myself will be picking up another one of these palette's. 

Now, if you like my bag and want to sign up for Ipsy for yourself it is $10 a month (which includes shipping), and each month you will receive a makeup bag catered to the answers from your beauty quiz with generally 5 items. Michelle Phan curates the bags. And you can sign up & check it out here: SIGN UP FOR IPSY



Feel free to leave any comment and/or questions, and until next time like I always say stay beautiful by staying YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment