Monday, October 21, 2013

Ipsy - October 2013 Reveal

Hello Everyone! How is everyone on this beautiful Monday. It's the start of another week, and today we are going to review the October Ipsy Bag! It wasn't a bag I was over joyed with, but it wasn't a bag I hated either. Take a look for yourself, and you decide!
 
 
This month was the "Art of Beauty" bag. Each bag came with many different combinations, but all with 5 hand selected items according to your profile.
 
 
The first item I received in the bag, was "LA FRESH Oil-Free Face Cleanser wipes." They gently cleanse & detoxifies while removing light makeup. It comes with 10 wipes . It purifies all skin types with a luscious blend of Aloe, Cucumber, Papaya, Pineapple, Marshmallow, Jojoba, Vitamin C & Vitamin E. I really like the fact that it is oil free, and found it interesting that it has marshmallow in it.
 
 
The next product I received was the "Zoya Professional Lacquer." When I first saw it, I was like oh no not another nail polish, because I literally have bags and bags full. Although, this color was absolutely stunning. The picture does no justice, and it is going to be a wonderful winter color. It is in the color "GIOVANNA".
 
 
The third product I was received in my Ipsy bag was the "Buxom Lip Polish" in the color "Dolly." While not usually my favorite shade it is really starting to grow on me. It has a light pink shade, and is what I would call a lip plumper because it gives you that tingly menthol feeling on your lips. I really like Buxom's packaging it reminded me of Botox when I first saw it for some reason, the metallic packaging gives me that feel when you see it. Their motto or company saying is "Live Life Vividly," and you can really see that effort in their products.
 
 
 
 The fourth product I received in my Ipsy bag is the "Be Delectable" from cake beauty in the scent Coconut & Cream. There are three different ones you could haven gotten this one, the strawberries & cream (which I REALLY wanted), and the lemon & cream. I also hear they have a vanilla & cream, but haven't known anyone to get that in their Ipsy bag. Although, I am not a big fan of coconut, I LOVE THIS! It smell's just like the Samoas girl scout cookies. It contains shea butter, coconut oil, and aloe vera. In my opinion, I think it is great for the legs more than anything else, because of the aloe vera in it which is perfect for after shaving. Not a big lotion fan they made me like lotion all over again, and I look forward to trying their other products.
 
 


The last product in this bag I received is the "Big Sexy Hair, Blow Dry Volumizing Gel." Even though I hardly ever blow dry my hair, I will start so I can try this product out because, I have had good experiences with this company in the past. While my hair is so thick, I think even someone like me could always use a little extra volume especially with the winter month's coming up.

Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hco74y7yeluk23j

-Did you enjoy the October 2013 Ipsy bag? What variations did you receive? I really look forward to hearing what everyone received especially as far as the different color nail polishes and hand creams. So please feel free to leave a comment below, I love hearing from each and everyone of you.


2 comments:

  1. I got the lotion in vanilla & cream. While it smells good, I found it had an odd after smell. Still a good lotion though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome! Didn't know that had that one as an option for Ipsy. Thanks for letting me know. That's how the coconut and cream is too I have noticed. Smells really good at first, but after a couple of hours it does that too.

      Delete