Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ipsy - December 2014


Greetings! I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. I just received my Ipsy bag for the month of December due to my some billing issues, however I am excited to share with you what I got. This month's theme was "Thinking of You."

If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty subscription bag designed just for you, (by taking the beauty quiz) that cost $10 a month. The $10 also includes shipping. Beauty Guru Michelle Phan curates the bags, and you generally receive 5 items. 

If you wish to sign up you can sign up through my personal referral link here: Ipsy Sign Up



Each month you receive a bag with your Ipsy items in them. The bag was a little different from usual month's. This bag was more of a pencil case size. It was just a basic black bag, what gave it character though was the detachable Ipsy keychain. I plan on putting the Ipsy Keychain on my own personal keychain, which I think is so awesome that you can do.

Let's see what I got this month...

(click to enlarge any of the pictures)


Cailyn Cosmetics Just Mineral Eye Polish "#5 Orchid" - "Made with 100% raw mineral powder, this highly pigmented satiny powder not only colors your eyes with shimmery, gorgeous hues, but is also safe to wear long hours. 

The easy to use built-in sponge tip allows smooth application and seamless blending of colors. Whether you want to give a subtle wash of color or go for dramatic smokey makeup, CAILYN Just Mineral Eye Polish will be a girl's best friend."

I am in love with the new Cailyn Cosmetics Mineral Eye Polish. The formula is really nice, but the way they combine it with the applicator (which is ingenious!) makes this eye polish an innovator in new eye cosmetics. I can't wait to try other colors such as "Cotton Candy" and "Ocean."

Price: $15 (This is FULL SIZE!)


Bumble and Bumble Straight Blow Dry  - "Straight Blow Dry for coarse, curly or frizzy hair. Make short work of smoothing and frizz-fighting rituals with this heat-protective styling balm that keeps blow dries soft and sleek for up to 3 days. To create your perfect style, work evenly through damp hair then blow-dry with your favorite Bb.Brush. Start small (try a dime-sized amount) then build as necessary."

My hair is extremely wavy so for anything to straighten it is a plus. I don't blow dry my hair a lot, but I do use a straightener on it often. I have found rather it's the heat from the blow dryer (which of course works best) or the heat from a straightener this balm helps to keep it straight a lot longer than without it.

Full Size: $14.00 (this is only .5 FL OZ & full size is 2 OZ)


NYX Cosmetics Butter Lip Balm - "Dip your lips in a sheer wash of color with NYX Butter Lip Balm. One swipe leaves dry lips feeling supple and hydrated. This Buttery Lip Balm is addictively soft and scrumptious and perfect for adding a subtle hint of color for a naturally flirtatious pout. Apply directly to bare lips or apply it over lip liner for more intense color."

Ipsters who sample NYX Butter Lip Balm will either receive: Red Velvet (pure red), Parfait (fuchsia with blue undertones), Marshmallow (pure nude) or Lady Fingers (mauve). 

I received the color "Lady Fingers" which was a mauve color. I think out of the 4 this was the perfect shade for my skin tone. I commend Ipsy for doing a great job with my bag this month, I think if I would of received Marshmallow, (pure nude) I wouldn't be as happy. It's such a pretty shade of pinkish purple, and the balm goes on like smooth butter!

Price: $4.00 (This is FULL SIZE!)


Tarte "Lights, Camera, Lashes" 4-in-1 Mascara (Deluxe version) - "Like a pushup bra for your lashes, tarte’s best-selling mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes and conditions to deliver a 330% increase in lash volume instantly. The high-performance formula is also infused with naturally-derived olive esters to help nourish and protect lashes."

I was super excited to receive a Tarte item in my Ipsy bag, and I hope to see more from this brand. The website says it is a deluxe version but it's actually smaller than a deluxe version. The deluxe on the website is .13 FL OZ while this one we received is .10 FL OZ. I enjoy the formula, but was a little disappointed with the size and packaging. I think the cute packaging in the REAL deluxe and standard version, is one of the reasons why I like this mascara. Nonetheless, it still is an amazing formula, and I am glad to see Ipsy bring this brand to the bag this month.

Price: $10 (.10 FL OZ while full deluxe .13 FL OZ)


Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler - "High quality, durable eyelash curler firmly catches each lash at the root for beautifully lifted and intense curls. Round shaped curve ensures that you get the perfect curl while preventing pinching."

This is a really good solid and affordable eyelash curler. If your in need of a new one, but not wanting to spend a lot, this is the way to go. I like the purple color too. It is also available in blue as well.

Price: $5.00 (FULL SIZE!)


BONUS ITEM


Dr. Lin Skincare Medicated Acne Cleansing Wipes - "Purify clogged pores and control breakouts with these convenient wipes. Medicated formula penetrates deep into pores while the exfoliating towelette wipes away dirt & oil. Can be used in addition to cleansing for extra clarifying benefits. 35 Towelettes."

I end up using 500 of my Ipsy points and getting these. You get Ipsy points by reviewing the products, sharing, and referring. I think these work really well, and are a great thing to use if your in a rush to get your makeup off also. 

Price: $8.99 (FULL SIZE!)



What a way to end the year, Ipsy really went out with a bang, and I loved my bag! So, what did you think of this month's "Thinking Of You" Ipsy bag for December? Do you subscribe to Ipsy, what variation did you receive? If not what's been keeping you from doing so? I would love to hear what you got in your bag this month, along with your questions and comments. Feel free to leave them below!




Free product disclosure


 

4 comments:

  1. My only grip about the NYX lip balm was the color. I received the same color you did and I am a darker skinned girl. It looks crazy on me. I just use it at night when I get home if I need to moisturize my lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yeah I can see how that get be a problem. Your not the only person I hear complain about that with a darker complexion. It took them a little while to get my profile right, but once they did I have a lot better glam bags. Have you ever checked out Pillow Box from Our Shade of Brown? My friend subscribes to it and it is $10 a month as well. It's just like Ipsy, but geared more to woman of color.

      Delete
  2. Like good Hispanic I believe in three kings day Ipsy are part of my wishes present list. For just $10 I have a lot of products. Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, it's the only subscription I don't think I could ever cancel!

      Delete