Friday, April 18, 2014

Ipsy - April 2014

Hello all my bloggie beauty readers! I hope yall are having a great start to the weekend. Before I head down to Myrtle Beach for the weekend, I wanted to share with you the most recent edition of  April's Ipsy Glam Bag!


This month's theme I thought was a pretty cool one which was "Beauty Rocks!" I love the whole dj/band theme and the thought that Ipsy put behind showing off the bag as well as their sneak peaks on their facebook page. 


Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil - "A must for smoky-eye fanatics: an ultra-plush version of UD’s creamy, waterproof 24/7 formula. Create perfectly blended-out or rich, precise lines that are blacker-than-black." This is the one item in the bag that everyone was drooling over including myself. Urban Decay is known for its fabulous makeup products, so whenever we receive one there are high expectations. This item is no different. I love how easily this eye pencil glides on literally like its name "velvet." This to me was worth the price of the bag, and I can't wait to experiment with it as well as other "24/7 Glide-On" eye pencil's that they produce.



City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse - "Brighten your eyes and cheekbones with the City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse. This smooth and creamy product is enriched with luminosity, providing a beautiful gold sheen finish. Use as an eye shadow base as well as a highlighter." For me this is a product I am new too. I have never quite understood the purpose of highlighting (or how for that matter) your cheekbones. Maybe, I need to watch some more tutorials on it? Until then though I think this will be a wonderful shadow base, and I am thankful to Ipsy for showing me something new to do with this product. I also hear this is a wonderful company to buy products from as well. 


Demeter Jasmine Perfume Roll On - "An exotic, sweet, warm floral bouquet. Demeter’s Jasmine is the experience of the living flowers picked on a beautiful spring night. Wear alone or layer with your favorite Demeter fragrance. With over 250 fragrances, the Demeter Fragrance library is inspired by everyday objects and experiences. " Ahhh, I love almost anything Demeter makes, you really should go check out their fragrances. They make everything from fresh linen to a quirky funeral home scent...lol. I don't like receiving fragrances in my beauty subscriptions, but this is one brand I make an exception for. My husband didn't care for it much, but I on the other hand thought the Jasmine was a very sutle yet powerful flowery smell.


Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion - "The Dr. brandt® microdermabrasion gently sweeps away dead skin cells and softens skin texture, which enables better absorption of skincare products and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, acne marks, and skin discolorations. A great at home alternative to professional clinical treatments." I actually already have this product from a previous subscription, but I love it. I would tell anyone with dry skin this item is a must! Microdermabrasion procedures are expensive in an actual office, so this is a great alternative to taking off dead skin and making your skin look new again. 


Mary Kay at Play Jelly Lip Gloss (Berry Me) - "Turn up the volume with Mary Kay At Play™ color! It’s flirtatiously fun makeup you can remix-n-match to create your own color playlist. The Mary Kay At Play™ Jelly Lip Gloss has a fun jelly texture that offers brilliant, intense shine with a sheer wash of color." There were two options we could have received; a nude color (Teddy Bare) or this one which is Berry Me. I am so happy that I received berry me, because I absolutely hate nude colors and love having that extra pop of color. I have tried a couple of products from the "Mary Kay at Play" line now, and I must say Mary Kay has really improved over the years. I love how this moisturizes my lips yet gives me that sheen & shine look.

Now, if you like my bag and want to sign up for Ipsy for yourself it is $10 a month (which includes shipping), and each month you will receive a makeup bag catered to the answers from your beauty quiz with generally 5 items. Michelle Phan curates the bags. And you can sign up & check it out here: SIGN UP FOR IPSY



Feel free to leave any comment and/or questions, and until next time like I always say stay beautiful by staying YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment