Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ipsy - January 2014

 Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is having a great new year so far. I just got my January Ipsy bag in the mail so I figured it was time for a reveal! It wasn't my favorite bag, but with the endless combinations it was hard for everyone to get exactly what they wanted. I am interested to see what everyone else got to because, I believe there were something like 25 different items you could have gotten.


Here is what was in mine...




The theme this month was "19 reasons 2014 will be Amazing" or to make it amazing. The design wasn't my favorite but I absolutely loved the different shades of blue on the bag. 


Healthy Sexy Hair ~ Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner - "The Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner is a powerful combination of Soy and Cocoa work synergistically to perfectly care for your hair! A conditioner that is both a nourishing moisturizer and mild protein reconstructor and safe to use on color-treated hair." This is one of the few products I haven't tried from this collection, and I must say I am in love with it after using it. I've never not used conditioner in my hair after shampooing. So the fact I can put this in my hair, and it cut back on using up all my conditioner is a plus. Not only that it made my hair feel soft and smooth. This was by far my favorite product in the bag. 



LeeAnni Eco ~ 3 in 1 Revolotion - "With this 3 in 1 Revolotion, it's a toner, serum, and lotion in one bottle! Helps moisturize, even out skin tone by reducing scarring and promoting skin regeneration. Gluten free. " Now this product would have been my favorite if the sample I had received wasn't so small, but I forgive Ipsy because it is the first time out of I believe ten bags I received one this little, and as they say a little product goes a long way? Anyways, I love how this product moisturizes my skin. My skin has been really out of whack lately, and this is just what I needed. I give it to Ipsy though they got me this time, because unless some miracle product walks through the door pretty soon....well, I will be forced to buy this! haha. 


MicaBeauty ~Tinted Lip Balm (in the color #6 Fiesta) - "MicaBeauty's 24 hour Tinted Lip Balm conditions your lips without smudge while delivering sophisticated finish. For a sheer wash of color, one swipe is all you need." Now don't get me wrong I love MicaBeauty, I have discovered some truly wonderful products from them. This one on the other hand just wasn't my favorite. I can't put my hand on if it was the color or the fact that I don't like the packaging, but it was just something about it that didn't tickle my fancy. I will give it another try before I decide to pass it along, I'm thinking I could mix it with some other MicaBeauty colors I have to get what I want to achieve. 


Elizabeth Mott ~ Smooth Shadow (in the color Penny) - "The ultimate gel pencil that’s smooth like butter and packed with deliciously creamy colors. These velvety pencils glide on with ease, and contain just enough shimmer. They’re also waterproof and perfect to wear all day and night, a must have for all color lovers!"


Want to know my favorite thing about this product? For this first time, I have found a brown eyeshadow that doesn't make this pale girl look like an idiot. lol! But seriously, Elizabeth Mott makes some wonderful products and this one is no different. My second favorite thing? IT CAN be sharpened! I hate how a lot of these pretty gel eyeshadows/liners come with hardly any product, yet they are so pretty. I haven't tried it yet, but yup thats what it says so I am interested to see how that works. 


Absolute! ~ Makeup Cleansing Tissue (10 ct) - "Pre-moistened, refreshingly fragranced, water-based cloths designed to instantly remove even waterproof makeup without irritation. Infused with natural extracts and botanicals, Absolute! Makeup Cleansing Tissues are formulated to reawaken and soften skin, while helping to reduce puffiness." Well, Ipsy should know me well enough by now that makeup removing wipes are always welcomed in my house. I don't think that you could ever have too many, I use them everyday. And while these are great makeup remover wipes, I was just a little disappointed because they didn't feel like anything special to me. That and out of all the products I could have received, I figured Ipsy would of chose something different for me. But by all means Ipsy, please don't take that the wrong way. I think I have just been spoiled a little too much by yall. ;)

Now, if you like my bag and want to sign up for Ipsy for yourself it is $10 a month (which includes shipping), and each month you will receive a makeup bag catered to the answers from your beauty quiz with generally 5 items. Michelle Phan curates the bags. And you can sign up & check it out here: SIGN UP FOR IPSY



Feel free to leave any comment and/or questions, and until next time like I always say stay beautiful by staying YOU! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment