Sunday, December 15, 2013

Ipsy - December 2013

Hello Everyone! I just recently turned 25 on December 13th, and more than ever I am on the quest for the next and best beauty products. Maybe, I am going through what you would call an early midlife crisis (haha!), but I think I am starting to finally need anti-aging products so be on the look out for those posts in the future.
 
Today though its that time again IPSY time! :)
 
It is by far one of my favorite subscription services and is the one subscription service I never have to worry about canceling, because it is only $10 a month. If you wish to sign up for Ipsy after reading this review and/or my other reviews, you can find a special invite just for you by using this link:
 
Now for this month's products...
 
 
This is the bag the products came in, I know I have probably said it before but each month they send you a different makeup bag to store your products in. This month's is just a simple yet classic black bag which has a nice leather feel to it.
 
 
Ardell Natural Lash - This is the first product that was in the bag. Now, in the past I haven't always been fond of eyelashes ever since I accidently glued my eyelashes shut on my wedding day (yeah it was an interesting disaster!). I figured though I would give it one last try, and I am glad I did. I loved these eyelashes, and it defiantly made me feel luxurious on my birthday.
 
 
I truly apologize for my eyebrows, they desperately need to be waxed when I get the money, but here is what the eyelashes look like if you were curious. :) The only negative thing I have to say about them is the glue provided wasn't that great, it worked but they kept trying to come off so I would recommend buying some eyelash glue before trying it.
 
 
Pop Beauty - Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio - There were two different one's of these you could of received the brown and then the black. I received the brown (thankfully!) which is called "Naturally Bare." The full palette has 10 different shadows, and this is a small version of it. The reason I don't have it opened is because I plan on passing this on to a friend. So if you would like to see more of it, you can go to their website HERE. It's not that I don't love the eyeshadows (I think they are gorgeous) its just I know someone that would suit them better. I am more of a brighter color kind of girl.
 
 
Be a Bombshell - The ONE Stick - An all-in-one multiple stick with a smooth texture. Apply to eyelids, cheeks or lips for the perfect pop of color anywhere! Ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Flustered, Girl Crush, or Sunset. I received Sunset, how it is pictured and what it looks like in person is very different. I'm not really sure how to explain the color, its almost that of a reddish coral. I plan on using this product for my lips and eyelids. I think this would make a very different and pretty eyeshadow.
 

J. Cat Beauty - Big Lip Pencil - The Big Lip Pencil is a hydrating and vibrant lipstick as well as a sculpting lip liner. It’s destined to be in your makeup collection! Ipsy subscribers who receive this product will receive Red Rose or Caramel Mocha. The color I received was the Caramel Mocha. I have never really used Lip Pencils, so this should be a new experiment for me so to speak. I have always heard pretty good things about J. Cat Beauty so I believe this is good one to start with. I will let yall know in future posts how it goes. :)
 

Starrily - Nail Polish - The last product I received was Starrily Nail Polish in the Color "Bzzz Bzzz." Out of all of the polishes I could have received this was by far my favorite. It is a clear coat polish with yellow and black glitter in it. It will be perfect to pair with another solid color, and put this over it. Another thing I really like about it is on the website it says, "No dibutyl phthalate, toluene, camphor or formaldehyde. Not tested on animals." Which, I am not sure what some of those things are but the fact that it is not tested on animals, and has no formaldehyde is another plus in my book.
 
So, this concludes the items in the December 2013 Ipsy bag. What did you think about the products in this months bag? What items did you receive in your bag this month? I love to hear your questions and comments. Until next time, remember to always stay beautiful, a beautiful you that is! :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment