Thursday, February 7, 2013
Schick Hydro Silk Review - BzzAgent Campaign Review
Become a Schick Schicklet – I did! This beautiful razor curves with your curves, and mounts itself on your legs like a laser lawn mower! When I shaved with the Hydro Silk, I didn’t have to try and do the Stork Stand in the slippery shower – you know where you stand on one leg with the slick stick of soap lathering one leg while shave – and cut – on the other leg. Finally – a product that allows safety in my bathroom provides its own moisturizing lotion in the blade, and that rotates to keep me from nicking my skin! This is a have to have for any Shicklet – I loved it!
With 5 curve-sensing blades with unique skin guards that work together to smooth your skin as you shave to reduce irritation, this razor DELIVERS a close shave for silky, smooth skin. And I never once reached for the toilet paper after shaving to patch the blood running down my leg – because with Schick Hydro Silk, you not only get a close shave but a safe one.
The razor comes with a built in hydrating water activated moisturizing serum and is infused with nourishing marine extracts and hydrating shea butter.
The unique compact oval cartridge is designed for your curves and follows on top of the skin, leaving no nasty nicks. And with a soft touch handle, the rubber grip keeps the razor from falling down into the tub – and it feels wonderful in your hand.
“Shaving is an essential part of the female skincare ritual (sometimes I would rather be a baboon and dispense with this particular ritual but hey, we’re women!), but is often overlooked. For most women their beauty regimen begins in the shower by preparing their skin by cleaning it, but also shaving it. The new Schick Hydro Silk razor transforms the shaving experience. This razor delivers moisturization when women need it most, during the gentle exfoliation process of shaving.”
Retailing for $9.99, with an extra cartridge with blade and moisturizer included, the Schick Hydro Silk is something you might want to put on every woman’s birthday list. Soothing, efficient and beautiful to boot – this razor fit my profile as well as my pocketbook.
The Schick Hydro Silk razor features:
1. Water-activated moisturizing serum hydrates throughout each shave: The act of shaving is known to strip skin of essential moisture and can leave it dry, dull and irritated. The Schick Hydro Silk™ razor has moisturizing serum that activates with water to help replenish skin’s natural moisture throughout each shave. This advanced lubricating reservoir is more than a reinvention of the traditional lubricating strip – it is a totally re-engineered system to be more effective, delivering soothing lubricating ingredients while hydrating the skin.
2. 5 Curve-Sensing Blades deliver an incredibly close shave: this is Schick’s first 5-blade razor for women and it leverages 7 years of blade technology research to bring women Schick’s closest shave yet. Unlike many of their razors, the Schick Hydro Silk™ razor blades are individually mounted to the cartridge which allows the specially designed blade tips to flow smoothly over a woman’s distinctive skin contours.
3. Unique Skin Guards help protect skin from irritation: the invention of Skin Guards on the top of each blade–to smooth the skin while shaving, which helps reduce irritation–represents both a completely new approach to achieving closeness and an industry advancement in shaving comfort and irritation reduction. The result is a unique shaving experience that no other women’s shaving system offers.
4. Compact oval cartridge shape for closeness and hydration in all zones: the unique design was developed to answer consumers’ calls for a razor head that easily fit into sensitive and/or hard to reach areas as well as easily maneuvering around curves and contours.
5. Beautiful, ergonomic and soft aqueous handle: Recognizing that the design aesthetics are as important as the actual functional purpose that the handle serves, Schick spent two years developing the handle. This is Schick’s most beautiful, feminine handle that is as easy to control and maneuver around curves as it is attractive.
The Schick Hydro Silk Razor is available wherever shaving supplies are sold.
Ratings are based on a 5-star scale